XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it's not a good idea to name and shame the awful dealership that i've had the misfortune of dealing with over the last three months, I thought i'd start a positive thread on the best Jaguar dealerships around. Those that have performed ABOVE your expectations. Those that have OVER-DELIVERED in terms of customer service. Those that you would not hesitate in recommending to a friend.

Simply name the dealership, the rough location (city or county) and which country it's in and what they did in terms of impressing you.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Roma said:
As it's not a good idea to name and shame the awful dealership that i've had the misfortune of dealing with over the last three months, I thought i'd start a positive thread on the best Jaguar dealerships around. Those that have performed ABOVE your expectations. Those that have OVER-DELIVERED in terms of customer service. Those that you would not hesitate in recommending to a friend.

Simply name the dealership, the rough location (city or county) and which country it's in and what they did in terms of impressing you.
Nice idea Roma but I can't imagine it will be useful. I presume that the thread is inspired by your perceived bad service at the dealership that you visit. I am quite sure that that very same dealership will score highly by owners of XK's XJ's and S Types and so on and poorly by perhaps an XF owner that is trying to resolve an issue which has arisen as a result of the XF being a new model with no service history.
You have complained that your discs / pads are defective and are unable to make progress to a resolution of the matter whilst others have had their discs replaced.
What we don't know is what instructions have Jaguar given to the Dealer Service Departments by way of "Service Manual Updates". If it is the case that, as I understand it, Jaguar managers raise their eyebrows at replacements and they are insisting that the Disc/Pads issue is not a safety issue and that dealers should not go down the route that some have of replacing in every instance of scratched discs then the dealer is left between a rock and a hard place.
For what it is worth, in relation to the servicing of my S Type, I would heartily recommend both Grange in Hertfordshire and Stratstone in Buckinghamshire but that doesn’t mean that they would replace your discs.
As I said to you recently I think that you should instruct an independent engineer to report on your discs and if you have not already been in contact with Jaguar, and I know that they would welcome a call from you, take it up with them if the report supports your assertion that there is a fundamental defect.

[email protected]
Telephone (UK number) 0845 3032303

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I am reccommending a dealership in particular with a willco attitude when there is no obligation to do so.

Being in the forces I will be driving over from Germany to collect the car from the UK. Our collection point is Marshalls of Peterborough which is a complete ballsache for me.

I have a BMW :roll: to hand in down in Ashford, Kent which I happened to mention a few months back in passing to Marshalls.
Marshalls called me last week and asked where I was heading to when I have collected the car? Slightly bemused I told them but they would'nt tell me why just yet?!
I then had a call yesterday:
They will PDI the car for me then put it on a low loader to a dealership in Kent (just around the corner from BMW) for me to collect, however the dealership in Kent are unable to do a handover with me, so I will head off home where Fox's of Southampton will be waiting to do a familiarisation with me.
Now, hows that for service? I know in an ideal world the Kent dealership would have done it all for me, but to organise all of this without any pre-empting is above and beyond as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
306 Posts
zx10ben said:
I am reccommending a dealership in particular with a willco attitude when there is no obligation to do so.

Being in the forces I will be driving over from Germany to collect the car from the UK. Our collection point is Marshalls of Peterborough which is a complete ballsache for me.

I have a BMW :roll: to hand in down in Ashford, Kent which I happened to mention a few months back in passing to Marshalls.
Marshalls called me last week and asked where I was heading to when I have collected the car? Slightly bemused I told them but they would'nt tell me why just yet?!
I then had a call yesterday:
They will PDI the car for me then put it on a low loader to a dealership in Kent (just around the corner from BMW) for me to collect, however the dealership in Kent are unable to do a handover with me, so I will head off home where Fox's of Southampton will be waiting to do a familiarisation with me.
Now, hows that for service? I know in an ideal world the Kent dealership would have done it all for me, but to organise all of this without any pre-empting is above and beyond as far as I'm concerned!
I tried like hell to get my XF to be delivered to Cardiff but Marshalls at peterboro said no which resulted in me making an 8.5 hr bus trip to get the car. To get my car on a loader would have been at my cost or they would have delivered the car to my house, but someone else driving it over 200 miles did not appeal to me.

gary

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I think it did help me that the order had been cocked up by BFG sales over here and I suppose they felt sorry for me having to come all the way from Germany, even though in distance I think you travelled further!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts