XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a thank you to both the people behind this forum and contributors. Over the past week I have used information on here to assist me in making "the decision".
Today, I have ordered my new XF 3.0S Portfolio which should be arriving end September. I look forward to continuing my Jaguar ownership confident in the knowledge this site is available for a bit of advice when necessary.. :p

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum jagjp :)
It is good to read that the forum is helping potential buyers to come to a positive decision.
You have been added to the Roll of Honour @ viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707&p=5335#p5335
where you can pass away some of the time whilst you wait for your XF

I am sure you will have read enough of the posts here to know that everyone has a keen interest in the choices you have made in relation to colour and spec. So please, tell us; which did you choose :?:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks pekem.

The Portfolio is pretty well equipped but there's always a little something else that is vital to one's happiness...

I've ordered it in Silver (possibly called something more market-speak than that but don't have access to the brochure at the moment so can't remember the exact description) with Barley interior. I've added the rear view camera and Voice.
I was lucky enough to be given a 24hr test drive and have to say I was very impressed. My current car is an S Type R which, from memory, is advertised as 0-60 at 5.2secs. My current average fuel consumption is 24MPG. The XF is 5.9sec with a claimed 40MPG. So really, not much difference in off the line performance with a large economy advantage. I really was stunned at the diesel engine from both a quietness and power point of view..and that's from someone who swore he would never have an oilburnerr. :eek:
So, I will continue to enjoy the S Type but I'm looking forward to the end of September.

·
Registered
35 Posts
h
jagjp said:
Thanks pekem.

The Portfolio is pretty well equipped but there's always a little something else that is vital to one's happiness...

I've ordered it in Silver (possibly called something more market-speak than that but don't have access to the brochure at the moment so can't remember the exact description) with Barley interior. I've added the rear view camera and Voice.
I was lucky enough to be given a 24hr test drive and have to say I was very impressed. My current car is an S Type R which, from memory, is advertised as 0-60 at 5.2secs. My current average fuel consumption is 24MPG. The XF is 5.9sec with a claimed 40MPG. So really, not much difference in off the line performance with a large economy advantage. I really was stunned at the diesel engine from both a quietness and power point of view..and that's from someone who swore he would never have an oilburnerr. :eek:
So, I will continue to enjoy the S Type but I'm looking forward to the end of September.
My first oil burner too. I can't actually tell till I'm sat outside it. All that low-end torque makes it so easy to catapult it forward from dawdling speeds, even up steep hills with a car full of family... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts