XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have got an extended test drive in a 2010 XF auto 3ltr as the previous car I bought from a local dealer turned out to be a right bag of nails...with a massive oil leak.

So, I need to give him a decision tomorrow about the XF, which I am loving, but just wondered if anyone out there can advise of any generic / money hungry issues that I may encounter.

the only niggle I have had so far is that I don’t seem to insert fuel nozzles in that far and the flow of fuel into the tank takes ages.

oh, and I assume that a spare wheel / tools don’t come as standard...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello and welcome. With regards too the slow fuel filling...my XJ has a mis-fueling device which springs into action if you try to put a wrong fuel nozzel into the fille pipe. If this has been activated, you'll need to use the reset tool to seset it. My reset tool is stored in the boot near the battery. Having said that, If it was the mis-fueling device causing the slow filling, I would expect you to have bigger problem getting fuel in the car, rather than it just being slow, but it's worth checking it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome. With regards too the slow fuel filling...my XJ has a mis-fueling device which springs into action if you try to put a wrong fuel nozzel into the fille pipe. If this has been activated, you'll need to use the reset tool to seset it. My reset tool is stored in the boot near the battery. Having said that, If it was the mis-fueling device causing the slow filling, I would expect you to have bigger problem getting fuel in the car, rather than it just being slow, but it's worth checking it out.
Thank you for that, I’ll check it out later.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
It's been a few years, since I had my diesel XF. It's true, that you can't insert the nozzle very far due to the mis-fueling device. As far as I remember, though, the diesel could flow normally, so it didn't take longer to fill the car. Why does it take "forever" to fill the car? Does the diesel run out, if you don't fill the car very slowly? Or does the nozzle stop the flow, as if the tank was full? That can happen. It can help to lift the handle of the nozzle a little, instead of letting it support itself, so the nozzle points more directly into the tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I have got an extended test drive in a 2010 XF auto 3ltr as the previous car I bought from a local dealer turned out to be a right bag of nails...with a massive oil leak.

So, I need to give him a decision tomorrow about the XF, which I am loving, but just wondered if anyone out there can advise of any generic / money hungry issues that I may encounter.

the only niggle I have had so far is that I don’t seem to insert fuel nozzles in that far and the flow of fuel into the tank takes ages.

oh, and I assume that a spare wheel / tools don’t come as standard...

Thanks in advance
Don't know if you are using the same filling station but I found Sainsbury's annoying- click/start, click/start etc. Never happened at any other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All

Thanks for the replies all.
It was the misfuel device that had been activated before I had been given the car.
All good now from that perspective... Just need to get to the bottom of the Restricted Performance issue now. Diagnostic tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts