Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Tesla products will be a success

Votes: 29 70.7%

• Total voters
2661 - 2680 of 2683 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
You have to laugh - the Game-changer, Disruptor, Paradigm-shifter, add fatuous PR descriptor here... , outsold by the VW Golf - the one about to be replaced mind:

Norway, April 2019 EV registrations - top seller: VW eGolf, 750 units.

Seems the Norwegians sobered up after the dark nights drinking, and realised they were being taken for a ride - literally - for up to a million NOKs, by a madman with a PR machine, and a get out jail free card from .gov.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,662
And then another ship full of Model 3s will dock in Norway....

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
And?

Mad Musky can send as many transporters as he likes, given he's overproducing 2, 3 times - around 7,500/week, for real demand of 2-3,000/week globally - but who's going to buy them?

Unlike his UK analogue, JLR, also vastly overproducing, 100-150%, he hasn't got the Royals, HM.gov, z-listers in London, dealer networks with forced pre-regs, 40,000 staff plus families/friends to soak it all up, with 'sales', plus JLR's network of 'Distribution Centres', aka dumping grounds for unsold cars, fetched out up to a year later, rusting underneath, to be sold to mugs - usually £100k+ full-fat owners.

It's just a race to see which runs out of rope/space/plausible lies first.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Maybe due to the huge global success of the Model 3, the planet has been saved, CO2 reduced and sea levels dropped, so that car transporters can no longer dock in Norway:

May 2019 to-date registrations:

eGolf - 51
Model 3 - 11
I-Pace - 19
e-tron - 32
Kona/Niro - 30.

https://elbilstatistikk.no/

Imagine your 10,000/week-produced global sales phenomenon being outsold by the I-Pace? The I-Pace!

What happened? One minute it's outselling 3-Series/C-Class/A4 etc combined, the next it's the Anthrax car.

It's almost as if Musky lied about all those half a million? 'orders' he had, 'secured'? for the Model 3, which he was now working through.

What if he was/is lying? What if he had not c.500k but 100k? What if he had sub 100k?

What if the real sales/registration run seen in April, and now appearing to continue in May, of around 7, maybe 8,000/month, is the max, which will fall away in coming months, so that production needs only to be around 1k/week, not 10k/week steady state?

What if Musk is a fraud, and his Tesla too?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,665
As I said, and as Tesla said in the earnings call, deliveries in Europe will be very lumpy based on efficient shipping logistics vs chasing quarterly numbers. Norway is too small a market and will only see 3 or 4 ships/year (max).

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
As I said, and as Tesla said in the earnings call, deliveries in Europe will be very lumpy based on efficient shipping logistics vs chasing quarterly numbers. Norway is too small a market and will only see 3 or 4 ships/year (max).
too small? One tenth to one-eighth of global BEVs? Pull the other one.

If the demand was there, the cost of chartering a car transporter, with around 5,000 units, for a trip from California to Oslo would be peanuts. About a $100 per car by my guess, against $60-80k equivalent purchase price, supposed several thousand dollars profit/car.

Nonsense.

The demand isn't there. The low hanging fruit, early adopters, eejits with $50-80k burning a hole in their pocket and wanting to be a 'first', are gone, around 100k total globally.

Musk is a liar. The Model 3 is now being hawked like a Ford Mondeo - incentive after incentive, price 'adjustments', gimmick after gimmick, all clear, obvious signs of distress, far more supply than demand.

The boats don't come because no one wants their cargo. End of.

The whole BEV thing in Norway has cooled off anyway. The mania/fever is passing, as people realise they're just a car after all, and the weather keeps 'cold snapping', which must put doubt into even the dumbest Lars that this save the planet schtick is off.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
May nearly done, those 'thousands of Model 3s' must be stuck on a slow boat to China, or hundreds of parking dumps around Fremont.

https://elbilstatistikk.no/

Norway is the only real EV market in the world. Guess what, VW, yep, the Dieselgated, evil one, is top dog with its 2012 Golf with a battery.

What does that say about the 'Game-changer'(s), 'Disruptor', 'Paradigm-shifter' Tesla, and JLR's World etc car of the year I-Pace?

Says the Norwegians ain't dumb. All that fish.

They buy value for money products that work, do what they say on the tin, not fraudulent, WLTP etc, show ponies, that are show ponies, 'disruptors', because what's underneath is appalling.

They fell initially for all the hype, lies, Groupthink of the Model 3, and the 300 mile, 'luxury', awarded to high heaven by bent journos I-Pace.

But it took about a month, two at most, to sober up.

To be fair to the Dutch, they've followed a similar path, corrupted only by the greed of 4% BiK.

The only country really buying I-Paces is the UK, and that the South East - JLR's 'Last Redoubt' of Taliban headbanger patriots, to an Indian looting company, and The Firm.

It's clear as day now that VW has won. Tesla, the joke, JLR, the flea on a dog's back, gone, but VW's foe, Hyundai-Kia, also gone.

VW's ancient 'compliance' eGolf is more than enough to see off the Kona-Niro, as most people don't actually need 250-300 miles range, especially in Norway, as it's cheaper, and well made, and still light years ahead of the awful, cynical, Leaf.

And VW's just getting warmed up. The ID3 will absolutely smash what's left of Tesla and Hyundia-Kia's EV efforts.

VW won.

The castigated laggard and 'cheater' did that old thing of real engineering, taking time and lots and lots of money and engineers.

Culture determines success, not marketers and their paid media whores, brainwashing simpletons.

If you believe in making things, you'll be alright; if you believe in making money, you're just counting th days until you get caught, or make a complete ass of yourself - JLR and Musk respectively.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Aye, aye, the 500,000 orders, huge pent up demand soon evaporated, much like the vapourware, 'disruptor', 'game-changer', blah, blah, Model 3, or its fake WLTP:

Tesla Model 3

Its now starting to come up for lease in a few places if any early adopters were interested to get one....

I see a couple so far:

leasing.com
rivervaleleasing.co.uk
lease4less (but they let me down on the Audi E-Tron, left me with a credit search history and no car coming, so avoiding)

Before now i only saw it on Evezy.
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=255&t=1801047&i=2580

Maybe Musky should take a leaf out of JLR's cheat book, and do 'F&F'. Say 100 bog cleaners in Fremont, x 10 F&Fs ea., before you know it, one of those around 30 'distribution centres' will be cleared and funding secured for a Big Mac, maybe a Happy Meal.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
To my eyes, this looks far more convncing as a ground-up EV car than the 'all-new' Model 3, and Model Y:

https://emobly.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ID3_ERL1.jpg
https://emobly.com/de/news/erste-sichtung-des-vw-id-3-in-freier-wildbahn/

Looks bloody good, very nice. Will have very similar interior space to the almost 2 feet longer Model 3/Y, due to their RWD-like long bonnets.

Looks like a real company that has done a real new design, taking years and a huge effort.

Photos taken on the route between the factory in Zwickau and HQ/development centre in Wolfsburg.

€/£/$30k, and VW will be snowed under with orders, and the 300k/yr Zwickau will not be able to cope - i.e., the real deal Model 3/'500,000 orders'.

EV is based on a lie, AGW, but if you're going to have do it, do it right. Don't take the mick with cynical garbage like the Model 3 and I-Pace.

The ID, and its clones, are, obvious to anyone, going to be the next Beetle, Golf, cars that propelled VW to No.1 global automaker.

Dieselgate will be seen as a disaster for everyone but VAG, the biggest backfire in history, prodding/stabbing the sleeping bear, and then being mauled, with FCA/the Agnellis just the first to see how this is all playing out - run for your lives, the VAG monster is on the loose.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,670
You need glasses. It looks like a cheap Chinese toy. And reliability will be atrocious as all VW products (not including Audi, Porsche, etc on this).

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
You need glasses. It looks like a cheap Chinese toy. And reliability will be atrocious as all VW products (not including Audi, Porsche, etc on this).
That 'cheap Chinese toy', and 'unreliable Vee-Dub' is 'The Car that killed Tesla'. Bank on it. Obvious to a blind man.

The world's broke - not the .01% - and does not want a $60/70k toy, that breaks or kills them. A $30k, roomy, adequate peformance, true 200-250 miles car, is the real game-changer, as was the Beetle and the Golf.

But it's more than those two. It's Henry's Model T - dropping purchase price of mass produced cars by half over the years 1908 to 1913, as VAG is now doing with EVs, from Tesla's real around $50-65k Model 3.

Sorry, it's over, Baron. The 'Evil' Empire struck back, and killed the loony, fraudulent dude.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,672
And here it is. The future.

In an OECD country (Norway), Tesla completely dominate the entire car market. #1 (YTD) car manufacturer in sales, 10 times larger than Jaguar, and now larger than VW (#2) and Toyota (#3) combined. Not talking about EVs. I'm talking about Tesla being the lead manufacturer over all cars of any type.

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.12.25 PM.jpg

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Who could have known?:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-24/tesla-plummets-after-missing-revenue-and-earnings-slashing-capex-outlook

I thought June/end of Q2/H1 2019 told us that everything was great with this 'Disruptor' - destroying BMW, Mercedes... ?

Pointing out that Musk-rat stuffs inventory into markets like Norway at the end of each quarter, as sure as night follows day, which even a child could see, was too much for 'sophisticated' investors, analysts, the dreaded 'experts' - paid, bent cheerleaders.

I said time and time again that the toupee guy's 'sales' were as fake as his hair.

Look at Norway this month, post end of quarter/end of half-year - Model 3 running barely over one-tenth of 'sales' in June.

Pathetic. Are we to believe that Norwegian Average Joe rushes out and buys his Tesla dependent on the month of the year, by a factor of almost ten?

Tesla's problem, as I've also always said, is that unlike JLR, it hasn't got a huge sponge to soak up fake sales - JLR's huge self-sales in UK, dumping of stock on dealers, royal 'sales', govt 'sales', VIP 'sales' etc, etc.

So Mad Musk has to dump stock into faraway places like Norway, or Holland, and tell morons his Model 3 is destroying and outselling 3-Series, C-Class etc combined, globally.

Real demand for the Model 3, as I've said over and over, was sated long ago, with 500k/yr production insane, around 400k over real running demand globally.

Musk is no different to the greedy lowlifes at Tata - they were both seduced by initial success, the Evoque/Model 3, and the constant ar$e-licking by the commentariat and thick politicians, swelling their tiny brains, to think they were Henry Ford and Nikola Tesla rolled into one.

Musk would be doing jail-time like a Charles Ponzi if the US wasn't a corrupt Corporatocracy.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hmm but the only execs actually dong Jail time are Audi and VW because you know, they are actual cims, unlike your ****poor slanders of Musk and JLR. The evidence as always is against you.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
How convenient - the media runs with stories of VW buying Tesla, just at the very point VW is about to deliver the coup de grace to Tesla, with the 3 weeks away ID.3, destroying the mass-model Model 3, after the Model X and ancient Model S were sunk by the e-tron.

Makes as much sense as the springtime story from the media of PSA about to buy JLR.

Why would VAG spend $30bn on Tesla, supposedly just to get its software staff, obviously not its 10 year old Model S, sales-destroyed Model X, Fisher Price-built Model 3, nor 'skunk works' Roadster, Pickup, semi truck etc, when Tesla is already falling apart, shedding key staff daily, and the software developers could be headhunted by just offering higher wages, for a fraction of $30bn?

Makes zero sense, but so did PSA-JLR.

The owners of VAG, the Porsches, Piechs and Lower Saxony, can just wait another few months, say Xmas, when the ID.3 will have shown how good it is, satisfying 90% of Model 3 customers, for 40-60% less price, and the Taycan blown away thoughts of silly Roadsters with rocket boosters.

This would be like Apple buying Nokia in 2008, or Henry Ford buying Chevrolet in the 1910s.

If the software people at Tesla are that good, they will have seen the writing on the wall for months, and be happy to jump ship to a VAG/Porsche/Audi etc operation in Cailfornia or worldwide.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
As predicted:

Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) on Thursday denied a media report which suggested that the German carmaker was interested in buying a stake in United States electric car manufacturer Tesla (TSLA.O).

“The speculation about buying a stake in Tesla made by Manager Magazin is without merit,” a Volkswagen spokesman said in a written statement to Reuters.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-tesla-m-a-volkswagen/volkswagen-says-it-is-not-interested-in-buying-a-tesla-stake-idUKKCN1VC1K4

- same M.O. as the 'PSA-JLR' story - planted, designed to prop up a collapsing company and its share price, and in JLR's/Tata's case, to try to lure in a real buyer - PSA/Tavares were only interested if they could act like a Private Equity outfit, like a Greybull Capital buying British Steel, asset stripping JLR and leaving its 90%+ 'Bad JLR' to the UK taxpayer.

But real chutzpah by the Tesla crowd - Musk, his media mates, the US state - using the shakendown VAG, for $35bn and counting, to prop up their bust ponzi operation.

Wow, breathtaking f*ckers. No bar too low for these slime to slither under.

Still, just looking at exploding, approaching 'Mr Blobby' Musk, just shows that with all their games, strokes pulled etc, and the full force of the media, 'law' and state behind them, these vermin can't escape what they are, and always were - losers.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
At least we know why Tesla and its media mates planted the outrageous VAG-Tesla story very early yesterday morning - they were sh!t scared of the 24 hour period of the start of the ID.3's launch, and the unveiling of the Taycan's interior - with good reason.

The Model S is a 10-15 year old car with a tablet. The other cars are just derivatives. This is the Emperor has no clothes moment.

Musk and the media of course knew this was coming, so concocted and planted the VW buying Tesla story to: 1) divert from VAG's proud EV 'Day' 2) shore up a collapsing share price - #gulliblefoolssecured.

You can tell the Taycan is a big thing, because the comments on Pistonheads' story are off the chart acid and bonkers - Tesla/JLR shills infested, spitting bile on what they know is the end of Tesla and the I-Pace/EV-Jag/JLR.

Tough. Porsche/VAG spend billions, real ones, and have the world's best engineers, so can produce excellence like the Taycan, and e-tron, and ID.3, and Lambo Urus, and Bentley Flying Spur, etc, etc.

Tesla and JLR have only the media, and armies of employed internet shills.

Ultimately, real things win out. We don't live in The Matrix - yet.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,679
How low can the legacy automakers of Europe/UK and their associations (SMMT) go in their denial and desperation?!!!!

Tesla Model 3 was the third best selling vehicle in the UK in August. Not 3rd best EV. Third best overall vehicle by sales units.

Yet, the SMMT data lists it as "other"!!!! Sad and ridiculous.

UK SMMT Data for August:

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 3.27.55 PM.jpg

2661 - 2680 of 2683 Posts