XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have set up the telephone but one problem - when somebody rings me, the display only shows the number NOT the name. It works fine on the pocket PC phone but not in the car. The dealer thinks it is because I have the numbers saved with the +44 prefix (for when I am abroad) and the callers phone has the STD number ie starting with a zero and no +44. But if it works on the phone, why does it not work on the display. I tried it with a friend that I saved purely as a STD number and the problem occurred as well. Does it need a firmware upgrade or can someone advise me how to get it enabled.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have the same issue too. It should match the name on the last seven or so digits of the number if it's a decent Bluetooth system.

Unfortunately it only displays the number for incoming calls. And i'm also not able to see received text messages either (which I could do on my BMW 5-Series), unless someone knows otherwise.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am sure that mine displays the caller name when incoming. Will check and let you know, different phones allow different functionality on the bluetooth. Unfortunately Roma it doesnt display text messages.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my husband has a sony ericson 850i and his phone works fine with the names being displayed when someone calls him i have a samsung d600 and this does not display names. i read in the manual something about your phone needing an automatic AT download (something like that) so every time you go into the car it downloads your phonebook names and all into the car system. hope this helps and i MUST upgrade my phone :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts