Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone swapped and regretted?

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happened did you have one of many FPace with issues?
or was there another reason?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I changed my XF for the F Pace no problems so far, my XF is still in the family so to speak daughters partner has it.
What's your thoughts now Gary? I'm thinking of changing (Sportbrake), just don't know whether to go XF or F Pace....

·
Registered
759 Posts
I traded my 2015 Sportbrake for a F Pace 2.0 D Portfolio in July 2016. Unfortunately this car suffered from a very bad and unacceptable drive line vibration and after one unsuccessful attempt to fix it I rejected the vehicle in December 2016.

My replacement has been built and will be registered on March 1st and in the meantime I have on loan from Jaguar another Portfolio which is perfect and has restored my faith in the brand.

The F Pace is a great car and has a great driving experience and handles as well as any of my 4 XF,s did,but the high driving position is the biggest advantege over the XF.

A very small number of early build F Paces have been problamatic and the biggest single issue for rejection has been the infortainment system which is fitted across the Jaguar range and has been a disaster taking too long to get sorted.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the reply "hydrajaws". I've read all the problems people have been having with them on the forums, like anything nowadays they can go wrong - as long as it is put right is the main thing! I've driven both models (2.0D and 3.0D) and can't justify the extra for the S. I'm trading in the XK also when I decide what model to go for, do you fancy a 5.0V8 to replace your 4.2? ;) 31,000 miles and would compliment your garage nicely :)

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
A major cause of driveline vibration is the carbon fibre composite driveshaft. These are carefully made so as to be balanced because they are so light it can be hard to correct a dynamic imbalance. Occasionally the layup is bad and they vibrate. My X Type needed a new prop shaft and my first XF needed weighted nuts on the universal joint (yup, heavier nuts are better all of the time). I'm surprised a vibration in the driveline could not be corrected by the dealer. The imbalance on my XF was apparent at speeds in excess of 140 km/hr and initially the official line at my dealership was they couldn't repair under warranty because they couldn't test for the defect. I offered to take them down to Utah for a test drive which was enough to get the repair effected. We didn't even have to go to Utah. Very civilized with speed "limits" of 85 mph and a generous allowance for driver error. I travelled at 90-95 and was not troubled by highway patrol.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What's your thoughts now Gary? I'm thinking of changing (Sportbrake), just don't know whether to go XF or F Pace....

I loved my XF still do as I see it most days but after 8 years it was time for a change, I really love the X Pace it drives different to the XF, I like the sit high maybe because of my age. Of the 2 cars the X pace gets more comments all nice. Sorry to say this but I am not a fan of the sportsbrake, the best part of the XF I felt was the aston martin look of the rear. With the back seats down there is ample room for most things in the XF same applies to the X Pace..

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
I loved my XF still do as I see it most days but after 8 years it was time for a change, I really love the X Pace it drives different to the XF, I like the sit high maybe because of my age. Of the 2 cars the X pace gets more comments all nice. Sorry to say this but I am not a fan of the sportsbrake, the best part of the XF I felt was the aston martin look of the rear. With the back seats down there is ample room for most things in the XF same applies to the X Pace..
"X Pace" Gary, that is a very special car :)

BTW what was the mileage on your old XF ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
"X Pace" Gary, that is a very special car :)

BTW what was the mileage on your old XF ?

Sorry peter F Pace, still think its the best looking car on the road. Mileage was around 8K on the XF my miles for the last couple of years was around 670. Mileage on the F Pace is 1002 since Jul but includes one trip of 350 miles.

·
Registered
128 Posts
A quick update on my choice of XF or F-Pace to replace the Sportbrake. Have gone for a lovely XF-S 3.0D in Caesium Blue with all the bells etc. Will post in thew appropriate section after delivery (next Tuesday!).

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
A quick update on my choice of XF or F-Pace to replace the Sportbrake. Have gone for a lovely XF-S 3.0D in Caesium Blue with all the bells etc. Will post in thew appropriate section after delivery (next Tuesday!).
Will that be a new one ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts