XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XF Sv8. Whats great about the supercharged is the fact that in town driving the engine and rpm's stay low and smooth. As soon as you mash the gas peddle, it takes off and will be in triple digits in no time. I get so many looks and people praising how beautiful the car is. Jag got this car right and it competes with the germans. The extra 120 HP really make a diffrence and I got 24.5 mpg and I was going over 70 mph. The only thing is the front cup holder should of been a 12v socket not a 3rd cup holder, thats my only complaint.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mind you, the 2.7D will do over 70 mph as well, and at neat 40 miles to the gallon. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offense to the 2.7D. The 4.2 SC is a whole diffrent animal. Yes we can both do 70mph but the SV8 will get your heart pumping while your back is pressed against the seat. The supercharger whine is great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Passatglx,

Thanks for your reply to my earlier message about the right choice of car.

The fuel economy is not really a big issue just wanted some encouragement--i got that.

The SV8 must be awesome. i drove an XKR at the palmer race school and thats what sucked me into the Jag V8 to replace my bmw 5 series sport--i can't wait to get mine albeit not a supercharged version.

The power in the XKR just kept coming or ----going and going and going

Hope you continue to enjoy yours

Regards

Reecy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts