XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of nights ago, i drove out of my garage & within 50 yds. had a terrible 'clonking' noise from my o/s/f wheel. after a quick check that the wheel was still attatched, i turned round & called jaguar service.
within 45 minutes an engineer attended & advised me that the car was not able to be driven as something similar to a track rod end had become unattatched & was hanging loose.
at no point had i previously hit a pot hole or anything that may have contributed to this.
i have to say, the emergency service recieved from jaguar was excellent & within a couple of hours i had a replacement S type sitting on my drive.
The following morning my car was uncerimonially loaded onto the back of a truck & driven to the dealers, where it is to date.
would be interested to hear if this is a 'one off ''?[attachment=0:2ih5tyue]XF2.JPG[/attachment:2ih5tyue]

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
I am sure it is a one off; if that had happened to any other user here it is a racing certainty that we would have been told.
It does seem that we only hear good reports of Jaguar Assistance which is very reassuring and we must just hope that your dealer and Jaguar follow through with service to match. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
look further down on this part of the forum. i have posted a thread about this sort of sound. did yours happen all of the time ??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had no prior noise before this failure & no one is able to come up with any reason this occurred.
the good news is, i collected my car back from the dealers today after having a complete new wishbone fitted & whilst i had a 57 plate sports S type on loan for a few days, have to confess, the feeling driving back from the dealers in my own car was almost as good as sex !!! & equally on par with a large bar of fruit & nut.
the rear screen had also been replaced & i cannot quite believe how distorted the faulty one was in comparrison.
i cannot speak highly enough of my dealer in their professionalism & the way i was treated.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
sodgob said:
I had no prior noise before this failure & no one is able to come up with any reason this occurred.
the good news is, i collected my car back from the dealers today after having a complete new wishbone fitted & whilst i had a 57 plate sports S type on loan for a few days, have to confess, the feeling driving back from the dealers in my own car was almost as good as sex !!! & equally on par with a large bar of fruit & nut.
the rear screen had also been replaced & i cannot quite believe how distorted the faulty one was in comparrison.
i cannot speak highly enough of my dealer in their professionalism & the way i was treated.
It would be really good if you would revisit your profile, via User Control Panel, and insert a general location so that we can begin to guess just which dealer it is that has served you so well. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts