XF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These tires are as hard as rocks esp with it being winter. Has anyone replaced tires on the 20 inch rims? I plan on switching to general uhp. They are not run flats but seem to have a better tread pattern , maybe a little better in colder conditions

·
Registered
9 Posts
The old man recently purchased some Spires 20" Pro Race Alloys for his XF and was recommended to use the Jaguar OE tyre, which was Dunlop Sport Maxx 255/35 R20 - maybe worth a try with these if you aint too happy with the p-zero's?? ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Speech said:
The old man recently purchased some Spires 20" Pro Race Alloys for his XF and was recommended to use the Jaguar OE tyre, which was Dunlop Sport Maxx 255/35 R20 - maybe worth a try with these if you aint too happy with the p-zero's?? ;)
I've been looking at these wheels, any good?

·
Registered
9 Posts
d4ve said:
Speech said:
Stunning!
Decent quality, look great and not all that heavy either. He's also had it lowered on the Spires Springs as well so has a lot more presence about it now! ;)

·
Administrator
22,556 Posts
Speech said:
d4ve said:
Speech said:
Stunning!
Decent quality, look great and not all that heavy either. He's also had it lowered on the Spires Springs as well so has a lot more presence about it now! ;)
Speech
Any chance that you could take a picture of them on his car and then post here so we can all see :?: :)

·
Vendor
561 Posts
I've asked Admin and he says I can post these pictures.

And to answer the original thread question we have found the Dunlop Sport Maxx to be a much better tyre than the original Pirelli, although this is obviously a summer tyre as we have no experience of all season or winter tyres here in the UK.

·
Administrator
22,556 Posts
Well that is a shame Speech :(
I ask you to post pictures of the wheels that "The old man " bought recently and along comes SpiresST with the real McCoy :shock:
Still, You can beat their publicity pictures, the middle one is my favourite; don't care as much for those against a backdrop of what looks like an MOD fence in the others.
So there is a challenge, borrow "the old man's" XF, take it to a stunning location, photograph it and then post it here :!:

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Good spot on the MOD fence. I don't know where it is though, near Salisbury apparently. These were some photos done by Journos that we got back. I've changed the third one to keep you happy.

I'd also like to see Speech's dad's car. We haven't had any photos back from customers.

·
Administrator
22,556 Posts
SpiresST said:
Good spot on the MOD fence. I don't know where it is though, near Salisbury apparently. These were some photos done by Journos that we got back. I've changed the third one to keep you happy.

I'd also like to see Speech's dad's car. We haven't had any photos back from customers.
Speech will have to work hard to beat that third one, very nice picture :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
pekem said:
SpiresST said:

Speech will have to work hard to beat that third one, very nice picture :)
Will be happy to oblige when I get the chance to get some decent pics taken!!
He'll be wanting some taken to send off to him (he's back offshore now) as I didn't get a chance to take any after I spent 2 full days detailing it for him plus he hadn't had the springs and wheels fitted by then either so he will be looking for the "full package" pictures now! :mrgreen:

Will be pretty tough to beat that 3rd photo though! ;)

·
Administrator
22,556 Posts
Speech,
After spending two days detailing the car and having the new Spires stuff added etc., it is imperative that you get the pictures in before the gloss dims. Best though, if we are to avoid going completely off topic that you post the pictures in the My Jaguar XF forum ;) viewforum.php?f=25

1 - 12 of 12 Posts