XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a second hand 2017 Sportbrake 2.0d [180] Portfolio Auto AWD and I like it overall. Unfortunately, this car did not come with the adjustable side bolsters and I find the driver's seat too wide. I am tall and slim and I guess the seats were designed to to accommodate people who are, in general, getting 'bulkier'. There is a gap of about 1cm / 0.5 inch at either side between my torso and the bolsters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to remedy this. The driver's seat also has the 'standard' seam wear issue and the car is still in its 3 year warranty.
By the way, I still own an aging MG ZT-T and love the way the driver's seat 'embraces' me. Perhaps I have been spoilt!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I wouldn't rush to change anything just yet, give it a month or two of regular driving and then make a decision, you may find your opinion changes once you've gotten used to it.
I'm not familiar with what mods are available for existing seats, but I do know that you can buy replacement seats on eBay. The problem is which replacement seat is going to suit you best.
I'm sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just bought a second hand 2017 Sportbrake 2.0d [180] Portfolio Auto AWD and I like it overall. Unfortunately, this car did not come with the adjustable side bolsters and I find the driver's seat too wide. I am tall and slim and I guess the seats were designed to to accommodate people who are, in general, getting 'bulkier'. There is a gap of about 1cm / 0.5 inch at either side between my torso and the bolsters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to remedy this. The driver's seat also has the 'standard' seam wear issue and the car is still in its 3 year warranty.
By the way, I still own an aging MG ZT-T and love the way the driver's seat 'embraces' me. Perhaps I have been spoilt!
Tricky one...
All I can suggest is eat more and take less exercise... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts