XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I've got a brand new V6 petrol XF. I am wondering how many mins should i leave the car running before putting the gear into D.

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Shoulnt need running for long as vehicle should compensate for the temp of engine and gearbox.Are you having a specific issue?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi keith
Not really any way of telling but as peace of mind there are over temperature warnings.So if you never see any then its within its normal operating temps.Also saves complaints that engine temp guage runs 1/2mm below middle its running too cold or used to run exactly in the middle! :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well I guess I want to know when it's reached normal operating temp from cold rather than an overheat situation - easy to see on the old style gauge but no idea really with the XF - and I believe diesels take longer to warm up therefore wondering when I can 'open her up' so to speak :)

Its not as simple as after 'x' miles or 'x' minutes either as different outside temps will affect it as will road traffic/driving style during 'warm up'.. :|

Seems like something they could update at some stage with software as undoubtedly there is a temp sensor... Like you can view the oil level etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts