XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can be simply summed up in one word.......Wow!!

I know my car is only a baby still with its 1200 on the clock but the car was clearly swapped while i waited the 45ish mins for the remap to be done.
My car now has a set of balls and when i set off, its not afraid to get them out and wave them to the world.....And thats just in D mode.

I thought i'd be clever on the last half of the journey and stick it into Sport mode. Hah! i'm glad i've got wipe clean leather seats!

The effect is noticable straight away, the car finally responds when you want it to and the transformation is also noticable in midrange acceleration!
I can't comment on the fuel efficiency since traffic was crappy and the amount of morons wanting to crash into me meant i wasn't able to drive 'normally'.

Also got to drive the Spires-ST car! Don't you just hate it when you see that someone else has a better toy! I'm now saving up for the other upgrades they offer.

The guys at Spires-ST are really friendly and a good laugh, as is Mike at DSM.

One very happy customer!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am keen on this upgrade also, can you let us know the outcome of the MPG with the remap. Also the 30-50 incriment, how do you find it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a little update on this..... Fuel mpg has gone up 5mpg

my car has now just passed the 2000 miles mark and its been 3 weeks & 900 miles since i had the remap.
Apart from the car having the response it now deserved (even my 'chipped' 400bhp subaru owning mate was impressed with how the car has changed)

my mpg has gone from 32mpg to 37mph. Thats mainly motorway driving but on the m25 at rush hour so my 125 mile journey to work has an average speed of about 40-45mph, so you can imagine that when i'm not crawling at 5mph on the m25, i've letting the car go on the m23/m4.

I know some of this will be attributed to the car getting more miles under its belt but i'm also sure that the remap has had a big influence on this too.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Very interesting. thank you. :)
Is the fuel consumption figure based on the meter or calculation by yourself :?:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the meter.
I've had the trip A one going since i had the remap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts