XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my XF 2.2 for quite a while - 62 plate which I picked up new in Spetember 2012. It's been a great car - I love the comfort the vehicle provides and by and large it has served me well. The dealership has fixed most issues that have arisen, except for one...
Every now and again, the speakers fail to connect to the car: the radio can be seen to be playing (I can select all the modes of play DAB/USB/FM/AM) but no sound emerges from the speakers. It's not just entertainment either, the parking sensors wont sound, nor do the chimes if you forget to put your seatbelt on, or the indicator 'tick'.
The 'fix' for this is to stop the car, everyone out, lock it, then get back in and start the car (full system reset - just stopping the engine and restarting it doesn't work). Keeping your fingers crossed is recommended.
In all other aspects the car works fine and this is simply irritating - and hard to fix because I can't demonstrate this 'on demand'.
Has anyone else seen this and/or knows how to fix it? The car's in good shape, always serviced at the main dealers, low mileage and I've no real reason to think about swapping the car for something else.

Chris

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I've had my XF 2.2 for quite a while - 62 plate which I picked up new in Spetember 2012. It's been a great car - I love the comfort the vehicle provides and by and large it has served me well. The dealership has fixed most issues that have arisen, except for one...
Every now and again, the speakers fail to connect to the car: the radio can be seen to be playing (I can select all the modes of play DAB/USB/FM/AM) but no sound emerges from the speakers. It's not just entertainment either, the parking sensors wont sound, nor do the chimes if you forget to put your seatbelt on, or the indicator 'tick'.
The 'fix' for this is to stop the car, everyone out, lock it, then get back in and start the car (full system reset - just stopping the engine and restarting it doesn't work). Keeping your fingers crossed is recommended.
In all other aspects the car works fine and this is simply irritating - and hard to fix because I can't demonstrate this 'on demand'.
Has anyone else seen this and/or knows how to fix it? The car's in good shape, always serviced at the main dealers, low mileage and I've no real reason to think about swapping the car for something else.

Chris
I had this problem years ago and the issue was solved by renewing or connecting a cable behind the door card on the drivers side. Worth checking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pointer pekem. I'll mention this when I take the car in for its service.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts