XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I will put pictures up probably later today but I just need to vent a little first, last night / early this morning some idiot has tried to manoeuvre into my very small street (where there are only 7 houses which should narrow this down). As they were doing this they managed to rip of the chrome side vent from the passenger side, dent the front wing in front of the tire, dent the door panal and leave a scrape all the way from the front of the left quarter to 2/3 along the door.
This incredible display of ineptitude must have left them exhausted as they could not find the energy to write a note, knock on my door.....ANYTHING!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So now it is off to Bristol Jag at 2pm to find out how much this is going to spank me by...all this at the end of 8 days with the flu, joy.

Hope the rest of you are having happier times :|

Jay

·
Registered
170 Posts
That has to be the worst thing! Very sorry to hear that and I'm sure I speak for all, we hope it gets sorted in the fastest time with the least amount of pain.

Guess there is no way of finding out who did this? any CCTV in the area or maybe you can knock on a few doors to see if anyone heard anything - I would certainly get the rozzers involved-you never know!!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Jay,
As micalee says, we will all read your story and feel for you. :cry:
Also, as micalee says there might be merit in asking neighbours, after having a quick squint at their cars, you never know. It is possible that a delivery was made to a neighbour and, slim I know, but it might just throw up a lead.

It will offer little comfort to you but my car was damaged on the bonnet after parts of the garage roof fell on it. Lead thieves decided my roof offered rich pickings but had not reckoned on the roofing material giving way under the weight. I am only sorry that they did not fall in, providing it did not give rise to a liability claim, and break their necks.

I only mention this because I can say that the repair work by the body shop was superb and nobody would detect that repairs have been done. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Jay, whilst to date i have been fortunate, i think i have an idea how 'gutted' , totally helpless & frustrated you must feel. hope you get it fixed soon & manage to put it all behind you... time is a great healer.
keep us informed & lets know how you get on... it will pass.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow, that sucks big time. You really ought to report the incident to the police too. You'll get the car fixed via your insurance and it's going to be an inconvenience in the short term.

I'd check all your neighbours cars over the weekend and perhaps knock on a few doors and ask if anyone saw anything. Are you sure it wasn't the bin men by any chance?

·
Registered
196 Posts
jay have hartwells sent you to s.j. curtis for your repairs if so have no fear because thats who removed dent from my door and it came back as new .good luck ! P.S. i forgot to say when you find out who dunnit you are welcome to pop into my butchers shop in bath and borrow my meat cleaver

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys,

thanks for the replies... I put a letter through all my neighbours letterboxes but not a squeak out of anyone.

Tom, yep Hartwells sent me to S J Curtis although I was annoyed at the annoying little sod in the dealership as when I phoned them to say what had happened I was told to bring it in at 2pm when the lads are back from lunch and we will take a look at it for you. Once I drove over there the aforementioned little sod in a badly-fitting suit looks at me like i'm an idiot and in a bored manner says, " oh, we don't do anything like that here, call them you might have more luck."

I would expect that from Renault, Citroen et al but not a premium marquee on a three week old car, I would expect a little bit more courtesy and assistance in dealing with such a problem, nothing was too much when I was thinking about writing the cheque.

Ok, rant over...sorry about that :lol:

S J Curtis have yet to give me the quote but they were helpful and informative and assured me they could turn the car around in quick time.

I will keep you updated.

J

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Vapourgrey, there's no paint visible, it looks as though it was an older car with a black plastic bumper that did it. Whilst there are not many of those on my street there are to many to say with conviction which one it was. :x

·
Registered
196 Posts
jay i feel the same about hartwells i had to get crc to look at my first xf after taking it back 13 times as soon as i went above hartwells my car was swapped when collecting new one we found dent in door only to be told all xfs have them!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"All XF's have them".....lol :roll: :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I got my quote for the repairs,

£1255.04

Sweet!

(think I will go for a lie down now :| )

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Jay said:
Ok so I got my quote for the repairs,

£1255.04

Sweet!

(think I will go for a lie down now :| )
With a quote of £1255.04 I can only think that you are passing the cost to an insurer.
The guy that did a couple of repairs for me would never have held out for the .04 and the chances are the total would have been £300 less. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am thinking of just going to a body shop and having the dings removed there a few hundred quid and then having Jag replace the vent @£150. Should make it cheaper.
Even with the insurance it will cos me about £650 as the is a £500 voluntary excess and they seem to add £150 per claim on anyway.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Jay said:
I am thinking of just going to a body shop and having the dings removed there a few hundred quid and then having Jag replace the vent @£150. Should make it cheaper.
Even with the insurance it will cos me about £650 as the is a £500 voluntary excess and they seem to add £150 per claim on anyway.
Are you able to post a picture of the damage and which vent are you referring to?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will see if I can get around to taking the pics tomorrow so you can see, the vent is the chrome one behind the front passenger wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had a phonecall from the bodyshop saying that they would like to know what price I would be willing to pay to have the XF repaired! This is after they phoned me up a couple of hours ago to ask when I was going to send them my insurance details to get this sorted, not if but when?! They really did seem surprised when I told them they were too expensive and I was going to get other more realistic quotes.

The thick plottens.........

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Jay said:
Just had a phonecall from the bodyshop saying that they would like to know what price I would be willing to pay to have the XF repaired! This is after they phoned me up a couple of hours ago to ask when I was going to send them my insurance details to get this sorted, not if but when?! They really did seem surprised when I told them they were too expensive and I was going to get other more realistic quotes.

The thick plottens.........
That's what you get when you quibble over 4p. :) :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Every little helps ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
jay have you had quote from wbc automotive fishponds they're jag approved

1 - 20 of 23 Posts