XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car booked in for some minor snags to be sorted out today. The car was collected from my home this morning and returned back to me at 3:30pm.

A nice little touch, which I just loved, was a copy of the Financial Times and a bottle of water on my seat.

Is it just me, or is that just good service? BMW never used to-do things like this!

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Very nice touch indeed :)
Let's hope he doesn't ring you and ask if he left his copy of the FT in your car :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow, that really is a nice touch - it'll be interesting to see whether I get a similiar experience when I get my buzzing speaker grille sorted. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my snag list with a reply from Jaguar via email!

1) Door Handles - All four are loose and need to be tightened.
2) Door "Unlock" button on console is sticking.
3) Single cup holder cover not properly aligned, top left corner.
4) Double cup holder cover not properly aligned.
5) Wood finish on centre console is of unsatisfactory standard on the driver's side corner near the electronic hand brake.
6) Creaking sound coming from dashboard or centre console.
7) Excessive brake dust on rear wheels.
8) Rear brakes are sticking, this can be felt when pulling away and reversing.
9) Stain on dashboard, have tried to remove this but will not come out. Maybe some form of glue? Has been there since day one.
10) A section of plastic coating has been left behind on the gear knob which I am unable to remove, can this please be removed. This is on the driver's side corner.
11) Chrome grill on the front of the car has a red stain, right hand side, centre. Unable to remove this mark, looks like an undercoat?
12) Creaking sound from driver's side door.
13) Drivers side seatbelt keeps getting stuck.

=================================================================

Mr Bapodra,

Thanks for your patience, it was quite a long list of things you wanted us to look at for you and I wanted to make sure you had an answer back for each issue.

1. Door handles – All four are loose and need to be tightened
We have checked the operation off the door handles and there fitment, they are fitted correctly. We have compared them to several brand new XF that we have on site and they are the entire same standard.
2. Door “Unlock” button on the console is sticking.
Again we have checked the operation of the switch and it is working correctly.
3. Single cup holder not properly aligned, top left corner.
We agree that the fitment wasn’t correct and have made an adjustment to straighten things up there.
4. Double cup holder cover not properly aligned.
The alignment of the cup holder is with in standard.
5. Wood finish on centre console is of unsatisfactory standard on the driver’s side corner near the electronic hand brake.
The finish to the whole wooden centre console area is within standard and again we have compared this to several new cars.
6. Creaking sound coming from the dashboard or centre console.
We have carried out several roads test in your car and are unable to identify any creaking, it is possible that it might be temperature related and today being a warm day, the noise might not be present.
7. Excessive brake dust on rear wheels.
We have checked the operation of both your front and rear brakes and they are working correctly and not binding in any way.
8. Rear brakes are sticking; this can be felt when pulling away and reversing.
We have checked the operation of both your front and rear brakes and they are working correctly and not binding in any way.
9. Stain on dashboard.
Our “sales” valeter has removed the mark.
10. A section of plastic coating has been left behind on the gear knob which I am unable to remove, can this please be removed. This is on the drivers side corner.
We were unable to identify the area you indicated and the plastic coating.
11. Chrome grill on the front of the car has a red stain, right hand side, centre.
Again we were unable to see the red stain.
12. Creaking sound from driver’s side door.
We have carried out several roads test in your car and are unable to identify any creaking, it is possible that it might be
temperature related and today being a warm day, the noise might not be present.
13. Driver side seatbelt keeps getting stuck.
The only thing we could think you might mean is when you pulling your seat belt on, if you pull it to quickly the inerter mechanism will be triggered and lock the seat belt.

If I haven’t been clear about any of your issues or misunderstood what you are asking us, please pop in any time and ask for me by name and I will take as much time has it needs to help.

Thanks and regards

Tim Haines
Guy Salmon Jaguar Northampton

·
Registered
303 Posts
XFPhilips, I too have a buzzing speaker grill (bottom one on the drivers door)
Do you have the Bowers & Wilkins setup?
I was wondering if the interior is up to the punishment ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
thatchamcat said:
XFPhillips, I too have a buzzing speaker grill (bottom one on the drivers door)
Do you have the Bowers & Wilkins setup?
I was wondering if the interior is up to the punishment ;)
I just have the standard system and my buzzing speaker is the front passenger lower one. It drives me nuts! :evil:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Reminds me of an entry in the Form 700 (Aircraft Maintenance Form) of a Blackburn Beverley passing through Kano with a load of squaddies on board in the late fifties.

Flt Engineer's entry: Port boom toilet seat broken.
Groundcrew action: Toilet serviceable - ground tested and found comfortable.

·
Registered
303 Posts
jbapu, do you have the car back yet?
I would have hoped the dealer would call you on the items they couldn't find, so you could redirect their efforts.
There's nothing more frustrating than repeated visits to clear faults due to a lack of communication

·
Registered
107 Posts
With my faults I actually showed the dealer what was wrong and they fixed them. harder to do off a list i would say

1 - 11 of 11 Posts