XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the purpose of this little black Dome. It is quite inobtrusive but doesn't seem to do anything. It is not mentioned in the handbook and the dealer doesn't seem to have a clue either.
I can't imagine Jaguar putting it there without a reason, it certainly doesn't add to the styling. Is it a legacy from earlier models. Mine is a 3.0 Portfolio on a 17 plate
Any suggestions would be welcome
Barry

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
It is a sensor, but I'm not sure, if it's for temperature or light. I was once told, it was for the climate control (heating, ventilation, cooling system) to take into account, when the sun is shining through the windscreen.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If memory serves correctly my facelifted XF had a similar black dome which illuminated red when the car was double locked, indicating the alarm was turned on.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If memory serves correctly my facelifted XF had a similar black dome which illuminated red when the car was double locked, indicating the alarm was turned on.
You are right. I don't have my facelifted XF anymore, so I had forgotten about it. There have been several kinds of domes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You are right. I don't have my facelifted XF anymore, so I had forgotten about it. There have been several kinds of domes.
In mine it is the sensor that activates headlights when on automatic, and tells the system how much (or little) ambient light there is. Try covering it with a cloth or similar and ser!
Cheers
Per

1 - 5 of 5 Posts