XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I hope i placed this in the right section.
I'm new to this forum and I like what i have read so far.
My problem is this...had the Jaguar xf 2.2 Pre Lux 2013 for 2 years. Love it but just lately when I drive off, sometimes it its very slow to move and after maybe 5 seconds and maybe 5-6 foot it pickes up speed and drives perfect. This is an intermittent fault its done it about 6 times over 4 weeks. Could anyone throw any Ideas what it could, what to look for or even better, how to fix it.
Thanks for your time and hope someone can help me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
A friend's XF had very similar problems...pulling away from junctions or roundabouts and the engine lost power briefly, before springing back to life. The Jag dealership had the car in several times but were unable to find the problem initially, it wasn't untill they had the car in for a few weeks that eventually the cause was discovered. They replaced the EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) and everything was fine thereafter. I hope this gives you something to look into.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dr Morbius,
Thats very interesting, thank you, I will have a read up on that and get it checked.
Thank you very much for your message.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive just been reading up on the Exhaust Gas Recirculation EGR Valve and its looking like it is that, seams to be a problem on diesel cars. Even Jags.
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts