XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I have a 14 plate 3.0 XFS Portfoilio and recently the folding mirrors and auto windows are really starting to struggle to fold and close. It is particularly noticable after the car has stopped or is in ECO mode.
I'm sure there's a simple fix for this but I haven't been able to find it as yet! All help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
161 Posts
If all mirrors and windows are behaving slow, then I would doubt it's a lubrication issue unless you know of an extreme environment the car has been in. It could be a lack of power (i.e. car battery loosing it's oomph), the Jag's are usually only too eager to complain if it detects a poor battery and it quick to let you know by throwing up all sorts of electrical gremlins. So that's a possibility.
Also you could try resetting the electric windows, this is a procedure you have to do after the cars battery has been disconnected in order to get them all working again properly. I've never had to do this myself, but my understanding is it's a simple procedure. The information on how to do it is in the manual (and on these forums somewhere) . It couldn't hurt to give it a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts