XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am having the wheels on my 2011 XF refurbished, the car which is JJX paint code metallic blue has existing center wheels caps which are very worn with black jaguar motive. Have looked on eBay to replace! Please can anyone tell me the size I need, what color would look best, and finally is eBay the best place to buy from? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Hello, I am having the wheels on my 2011 XF refurbished, the car which is JJX paint code metallic blue has existing center wheels caps which are very worn with black jaguar motive. Have looked on eBay to replace! Please can anyone tell me the size I need, what color would look best, and finally is eBay the best place to buy from? Thank you.
I have just looked closely at the design and chosen the same ones. I think the XF has the newest design. The ones I have gotten are a little too small and fit loosely in the wheel center. But they look fine. I have just put a little insulating tape around them before putting them om the wheel. That way they fit tight. I think they are cheap rip-offs, but they have all the right printing on the reverse as the originals with "Made in Italy" and all. Once I bought some from a real Jaguar dealer online hoping to get the original ones. They fit just as badly, but they were ten times as expensive. At least the ones on eBay are really cheap. And you can choose from several colours. My XF came with black ones, but from 2013 they changed to red, if I remember correctly. They also come in green and blue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Henrik, thanks for your advice, since then I have bought red center wheel caps off eBay for £11.99! My local Jaguar dealership quoted £82.00!!!! Could not justify that cost, no matter how much I love my car. Also took your advice re insulation tape as caps were loose, now a good fit and very happy with the look on my refurbed wheels.
This is the first Jaguar that I have owned, I used to work at the docks loading 100’s of new Jaguars, Range Rovers etc to go all over the world! Even though the Jags were covered in protective coverings inside and out, always felt I was getting into a car of quality!

Thanks regards Tess

1 - 3 of 3 Posts