XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer has done a good job in tracking down and fixing an annoying chirping noise that i've been putting up with for many weeks. A 'blower' has been replaced and the noise is gone. I'm assuming that this is a component of the ventilation system.

Anyway, top marks to the dealer - yes, it's the very same one that almost caused me to sell my XF due to the incredibly poor service I received in the first few months of XF ownership.

Now gawjus is just about perfect (apart from the rust on the centre bit of the brake discs - not the wheel hubs as Service kindly pointed out). I cannot bear the thought of another trip to the dealer where I may be given my own parking space soon, such is the frequency of vists to the dealer!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a strange one. I've already posted this on my own forum but the replacement 'blower' has fixed the 'tappety' sound too (to a very large extent)! I started the car this morning with an outside temperature at one degree Celsuis. Usually I get a bit of a typical diesel sound. But this morning the sound was much more subdued and I had to listen out for it. Instead, all I heard was a low-frequency V6 growl.

Even moving off with a cold engine, I wasn't noticing the typical diesel harshness.

I'm not still not happy about the rust on ther brake discs though... ;)

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Roma said:
Here is a strange one. I've already posted this on my own forum but the replacement 'blower' has fixed the 'tappety' sound too (to a very large extent)! I started the car this morning with an outside temperature at one degree Celsuis. Usually I get a bit of a typical diesel sound. But this morning the sound was much more subdued and I had to listen out for it. Instead, all I heard was a low-frequency V6 growl.

Even moving off with a cold engine, I wasn't noticing the typical diesel harshness.

I'm not still not happy about the rust on ther brake discs though... ;)
Dear oh dear Roma; and there was me thinking you were happy at last :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Never going to happen, pekem! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts