XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the XF have folding side mirrors? It's a feature I forgot to check on my test drive. I have read somewhere that they are power-folding mirrors but would be grateful if someone could confirm this.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes and there are various programmes for them so you can have them to fold automatically when you get out or to just fold when you press the button and various combinations in between

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Craig. One other related question then: when you put the car in reverse, does the passenger-side mirror dip down to show the road?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Roma said:
Thanks, Craig. One other related question then: when you put the car in reverse, does the passenger-side mirror dip down to show the road?
Yes they do. You can increase the preset dip and this will be memorised when Memory is fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my XF SC for two weeks now in the US. Our mirrors do do not have a fold in option, in fact they are too large to turn in as they hit the door trim and only fold in about half way. Are the european mirrors different from the US spec mirrors?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
hladorn said:
I have had my XF SC for two weeks now in the US. Our mirrors do do not have a fold in option, in fact they are too large to turn in as they hit the door trim and only fold in about half way. Are the european mirrors different from the US spec mirrors?
Just checked mine and they are the same. Using the fold facility the mirrors rotate to within 45 degrees of the side window. At least they motor slowly to the folded position, my XKR mirrors used to fold back with a monstrous clunk!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guys, is it possible to change the mirror that tilts down to the right one?

·
Administrator
22,449 Posts
Jay said:
Guys, is it possible to change the mirror that tilts down to the right one?
Jay,
For me, you would need to re-phrase that because I am struggling to understand quite what you want to achieve with the mirror. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, on re-read I can see that I was not too clear there :?

What I meant was that by default when you put into reverse the left side mirror tilts down and in which is fine except I need it to be the one on the right that does this and for all the searching I can do in the book and on the car itself I can't find a way to swop them over.
Do you think that the dealership could do this? (I will copy this over to service as well)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts