XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just been out to clean the XF, and to my horror the wife has put black scuff shoe marks on the inside of the drivers door, of course she claimed she had no idea about said marks but claimed they must have been put there getting in/out of the car.

I have tried everything possible to shift the marks but no joy...even as last resort drove car to local dealership to have a look they also unable to help but did say I am not alone with the problem..........anyone please help banish those marks..!!!!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
First thing of course is to deal with your wife :lol:
I have removed scuff marks off the inside of the door area with leather cleaner. As it happens it is Jaguar Leather Cleaner so it will be made by a company such as Autoglym but I would try any quality product :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the help but I have tried the Jaguar leather cleaner that came with the car and no joy it did take some of the mark of but you can still see it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry to hear about your marks & have no suggestion to offer, however , you may be able to solve the problem regarding your wife with a few regular treatments of '' WIFEOFF'' i find it works wonders & even manages to keep them out of the driving position.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm no expert but I used to be in the Army and we always used Brasso-cloth to get rid of boot marks. I have absolutely no idea if this can be used on leather!!! So please don't blame me if it turns your beautiful warm charcoal into something reminiscent of swamp-green!

David.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The lower part of the door is not trimmed with leather, it is some sort of vinyl. I would try cleaning it with white spirit and if that fails try methylated spirits.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Autoglym produce a Stain and Scuff Removal kit. You probably just need the scuff bit which is a white "magic sponge." You dampen this and then rub at the scuff. I have successfully removed black shoe marks from my ivory coloured hard plastic bits with this - it must be worth a try. I fear though, that if you've tinkered with some of these organic chemicals that have been mentioned you may have made the mark "set" rather than help the situation. Autoglym have an advice section on their website - I suppose they will only recommend their scuff product. I'd lend you mine but...
Good luck!
Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts