XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am about to become the new owner of a 2008 XF with 21,000 miles on the clock. Third service was done in April last year and it looks like the car has only done a few hundred miles since this date.

Do you think I should do a service ASAP or can I wait until April next year ? I do around 6000 miles a year.

Trying to decide who is the best person to service a XF looks like a minefield. With prices for a full service ranging from £250 to £450 depending on if a main dealer is used. There does seem to be a number of websites offering Jaguar main dealer quality services but using OEM parts. Anyone have any views on these ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
The car should be serviced every year or 15,000 miles (16k for 3.0), so it should have had a service in April this year.

I would have it serviced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Thanks for the response. Has anyone used a non dealer for the service, if so any feedback on how they compare ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Trev, I have to tell you, the service at Grange Brentwood is fantastic. Just had my first service there. They do a good while-you-wait service on a Saturday morning and even give you a voucher for breakfast at the Marygreen Manor (local 4 star hotel).

Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cheers

Gerry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the info on Grange. My car was orignaly bought from here and I have all of the previous owners bills, etc for any work done. They do seem to do a good job as the 4 year old car I have just bought is running like a dream. However some of their costs looked high (e.g £700 for a service on new pads on the last visit). Any view on their costs ?

Trev

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the info on Grange. My car was orignaly bought from here and I have all of the previous owners bills, etc for any work done. They do seem to do a good job as the 4 year old car I have just bought is running like a dream. However some of their costs looked high (e.g £700 for a service on new pads on the last visit). Any view on their costs ?

Trev
Hi Trev, paid £290 for the first service which I think is OK. If my car was 4 years old, I would be sorely tempted to seek a good independant garage in your area. Alwasy worth comparing Grange just in case. But I think general stuff like brake pads, tyres, oil, etc., you may as well get that done at a lower cost if possible. Maybe just get the basi service done by Grange?

Cheers

Gerry

·
Registered
104 Posts
Independent garage services in Essex.

Hi All,

My 2010 3.0lD XF Luxury XF, will, I'm sure be telling me that it is service time within the next few weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for independent garages in the Essex area.

I am aware of garages in Dunmow, Chelmsford and A127 near West Horndon, but have no experience of them.

It may well be that I use Jaguar Brentwood as they now have fixed price servicing but would like some other options.

Thanks,
Cliff.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I too would vouch for Grange Jaguar. I bought my car from them last year, and had the three year service plan included as part of the deal. The car had the first service on Saturday, and it was quick and I was well looked after whilst waiting. They also valeted the car and gave me the option of a hire care in case I didn't want to wait in the showroom. I can't comment on the price because I paid nothing, given that nothing beyond the normal service was required, and all of that was covered by the service plan.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it's intermediate service I will probably use Grange Jaguar if the fixed price of £199.00 is still in force, if not I think I will try Chelmsford Carriage Co, on the old A130 at Howe Green.
Any one used them ??????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trev, I have to tell you, the service at Grange Brentwood is fantastic. Just had my first service there. They do a good while-you-wait service on a Saturday morning and even give you a voucher for breakfast at the Marygreen Manor (local 4 star hotel).

Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cheers

Gerry
What did they charge you for the service?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts