XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my 58 plate XF 2.7d Luxury Jaguar in 2 weeks time. My dealer informed me that you only require 1 service per annum or every 15,000 miles which being an ex BMW driver I welcomed. I have no idea therfoe, whether their offer to me for 3 years servicing is value for money: £1,171.22 for 3 services which i can pay interest free. Is this a good offer in your experience or should i shop around? Thanks.

Mike

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I certainly would want to know from a couple of dealerships the cost of each service.
Also, as far as the offer to you is concerned I would want to know exactly what the scope of service delivery entails. Are consumables included and if not what do they charge for A. the item and B. any associated labour cost. I am thinking in particular about the replacement of the disc pads within the first year perhaps. If it can be argued that it is perfectly acceptable to replace the pads the question is begged; is the entire cost of replacement included :?:
I recently received a letter from my dealer advising me that a service for my car would be from £210. When I paid the bill a week or so later the cost for the service, without new rear brake pads, which I was told were 70% worn and not replaced, was £280! Now, it may be that the stated cost of around £210 could be explained on the basis that if no consumables, oil, windscreen wiper fluid and who knows, air in the tyres is not required, because it’s possible that I dealt with those items before going in and I was able to persuade the dealership of that fact, the stated cost might stand. More likely it is a claim that has no basis in reality.
I would also want to know if an advance payment for service was being held by the dealership accounts department or is it a premium to an insurance company :?:
Finally, I have not turned my back on the idea of independent servicing, with its considerable savings. :)

P.S. I would also specifically ask about the condition of the brake pads on your car before taking delivery. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts