XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 700 miles ago I had the ‘Service due in 1,900 miles’, yet on start-up over the last week I have had the following ‘Service due in 1,350 miles, then 1,650 miles, then 1,900 miles, then 1,350 miles. This morning it was back to 1,350 miles, then after a run up the motorway and a restart it is now at 1,650 miles this afternoon. Did anyone else’s car do the same?, my normal experience in other cars is that it drops incrementally.
What’s your do?

·
Registered
225 Posts
My mileage is sitting at 13,600 and I haven't had any indicator as yet. My car is a Luxury as opposed to a Premium, would that mean that my car doesn't have an indicator???

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is it a diesel?

The service indicator is based on analysis of the engine oil to check for contaminants and degredation. If you have done lots of short journeys this will shorten its estimation. Then if you do some long ones and clean it all out it will go up again.

Just make sure regardless of indicator that you get it serviced at 15k or 1 year.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cheers Craig, Pretty much what I was gonna do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Craig, yes it is a diesel. Seems very erratic to say the least, last night driving home from work it showed 1,900 miles (Takes 19 miles to get home), this morning started it and it showed 1,350 miles?
Do they all do this?

·
Registered
618 Posts
What mileage is on it? if its less than about 7k then it might do. Mine did it briefly and then came up service required at 5k so the official fix is to do an oil change as short journeys muck up the oil in the first few months.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dont worry about it and if it comes up with service required before you get to 15k or 1 year just get it done early. These things have a lot to do with style of driving and types of journeys. Maybe invest in a better oil or have interim oil changes done if it persists.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts