XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently fitted a set of Mud Flaps to my XF and found the fit straightforward without taking the wheels off. Thought I would post to pass on my experience with the fit. The only 'special' tool you need is a cranked (at 90 degrees) phillips headed screwdriver. Should be able to get one at any good tool shop or internet.

FRONT

With the appropiate front wheel to full lock (back of the wheel faces inward on the side you are working on) there is plenty of room to work. The fit is straight forward as follows:

Remove old screws in wheel arch.
Clean off area.
Fit up the mud flap (adhesive tape holds Mud Flap On)
Screw in the bottom screws, drill top hole in plastic inner cover (could use a bradal or very thin screwdriver if you havent a drill bit) and tighten up all screws (supplied in kit).

REAR
For this you will need to use the cranked (at 90 degrees) phillips headed screwdriver.
Remove old screws and clean area.
Fit up the mud flap (adhesive tape holds Mud Flap On).
Scew in new fasterners (supplied in kit) using the cranked screwdriver, a bit fiddly but easily done.
Alternatively with the wheel off a normal screwdriver can be used.

Hope the above is of some help.

However, after all that I took them off as i didn't think they suited the car, doh!!

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry,

Mud Flaps already gone via E Bay

·
Registered
16 Posts
My XF is delivered to the dealer 26th August for collection 5th September. I requested a quote for mud flaps having read a number of comments regarding the need to prevent stone chips on lowere cills. I was quoted £230. I have asked them to re look at this since they are £100 to buy (even this is a silly price). I will probably leave it and go on e bay once I have the car.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
robcon said:
My XF is delivered to the dealer 26th August for collection 5th September. I requested a quote for mud flaps having read a number of comments regarding the need to prevent stone chips on lowere cills. I was quoted £230. I have asked them to re look at this since they are £100 to buy (even this is a silly price). I will probably leave it and go on e bay once I have the car.
That's a good plan and you will find, with a simple search, all the help you need from other members like womea who have fitted various other accessory items themselves :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts