XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would not wish to tempt providence but I suspect that the Selena wheels are less vulnerable to kerbing than the standard wheels that I had on my 2.7 :)
I noticed today that the actual lower edge of the wheel, the rim, when adjacent to a street kerb was slightly higher than the kerb itself and that the tyre appeared to afford some protection because of its profile.
Now is this wishful thinking or have I just been lucky in not sustaining damage yet :?:

·
Registered
126 Posts
... and that the tyre appeared to afford some protection because of its profile.
It doesn't, seemingly... as per my post...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1134&start=10

However I did get this minor but v. irritating scrape fixed at the dealership for 50 quid by the regular guy that visits there for such repairs and did a great job... I couldn't find the repair at first, and had to look at the photo to find it!

The only slight issue I had from the repair was there was some paint overspray which made the wheel feel 'rough' when cleaning it but a quick going over with a clay bar fixed that.

I've since put Chemical Guys WheelGuard on (a tub will go a VERY long way, last more than a lifetime!) and thats the dogs doolies for keeping the wheels clean! :D

It won't help against a scrape though :(

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts