XF Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a wonderful XF portfolio but find the sports seat squab painfully tight.
Does anyone know if they can be adjusted?

If not, I'll have to go on a crash diet!

TC

·
Administrator
22,556 Posts
Hi,

Just bought a wonderful XF portfolio but find the sports seat squab painfully tight.

TC
Welcome to the forum TimC :)
Seat adjustment has been a topic in the past and This one might be helpful top you. There are the buttons on the side of the seat, instructions in the handbook, which will allow a good deal of adjustment.
If that doesn't solve the problem then maybe it should be a few sessions at Weightwatchers :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pekem,

Tried all the adjustments. I think it's a combination of the sport seat base having high (and firm) sides and my [email protected] ars3.

Oh well, it's either the stanley knife or the diet!

TC

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hi Pekem,

Tried all the adjustments. I think it's a combination of the sport seat base having high (and firm) sides and my [email protected] ars3.

Oh well, it's either the stanley knife or the diet!

TC
I assume the stanley knife is for the seat in the car!:shock:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've never known what squab is, in relation to a car but if you mean the hard pads that clamp your thighs together then I agree with your criticism. I'm a normal six-footer who fits perfectly into ready tailored suits but I can't find a comfortable position in my 'S' for distance driving. When I jump into my Saab, inferior in some ways to the Jag, the seats are so perfect that I sometimes wonder if I made the right decision.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fencer, squab is the bit you sit on.
I'm a bit on the portly-side ;) but my partner, who is definately on the slim-side, has noticed the same; the side pads dig into ones thighs.
I'll see if I can find an automotive upholsterer in the Guildford area to sort it out.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hi,

TC
My wife finds the side bolsters and firm seat cushion in my DB9 "over supportive". I bought one of these Dining Chair Seat Pads on eBay and it has solved the problem completely. They are just over one inch thick, enough to raise backsides to a wider plane, but not too high to impair visibility. :grin:

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's a damn good idea. I'm related to an upholsterer so I'll put the question to him but as he's up here in Edinburgh he wouldn't be much use to you however I'll pass on his advice. Probably be a week or so.
However, it's a disgrace that Jag can't design a decent seat. Each time I take out my Saab I find myself wishing I could swap the seats.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I sit straight in the seat, all is good but the accelerator is off to the right forcing me to bend my foot over to work it.
If I have my leg straight to the accelerator it goes over the raised side of the seat.

I've noticed that it's almost if the seat is too far inboard or the accelerator is too far to the right.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Tim - I know what you mean. I think I commented along similar lines when I got my car 18+ months ago. I've got used to it but the seats could definitely be more comfortable for my thighs. My legs are being pushed together too much. Maybe the problem is we just have big b****ks !!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Don't say that Jag7 -- they'll take it as an excuse for doing nothing but even if you were a bit over on the scales would Jaguar tell us just how many skinny teenagers buy Jags? I can get the seat, or at least the squab, horrible word, right if I shoot it right back but then I can't reach the wheel unless I position the back vertically and I have long arms. We get gazillions of info on how every component is tested to destruction - well show us the freak that passed these seats as suitable for a £30k plus car. I'd like to see him/her.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe I'm that freak. 11.5 stone (74 kgs) and 5ft 10 inches tall which I think is pretty average - and I find these seats very comfortable on any length of journey. Maybe not as comfortable as my last car (a Mercedes CL500) but hey that cost twice the price so I don't expect too much...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts