XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my seat belt recall letter through yesterday.

I am very, very disappointed that I will have to take my car to a Jaguar dealer to get this fixed! Just when I thought I had seen the back of Jag dealers a while...

Has anyone else got the recall letter?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes. I took it in today for the fix and they also dealt with the fuel door which was prone to jamming and the boot which did not always open automatically.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Mine goes in next week but because they are renewing a loom, to cure DSC issue, and replacing alarm speaker, which is behind the control panel, they will have it for about three days. :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
pekem said:
Mine goes in next week but because they are renewing a loom, to cure DSC issue, and replacing alarm speaker, which is behind the control panel, they will have it for about three days. :(
Its a trap peter they told me 2/3 days as well and you know how long mine that took.

gary

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
garyxf said:
pekem said:
Its a trap peter they told me 2/3 days as well and you know how long mine that took.

gary
If it is Gary I will be ready for them with my letter already drafted to Sir Nigel Rudd, the Group's Big Cheese. :x

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem, I hope you are still a blissfully happy XFerr at the end of next week !!!

My P&J goes in on Monday for new window brightwork trims, software updates and the fuel filler cover fix. On Sept 7th I experienced a DSC / Restricted Performance message while cruising at 86 mph on the A4 autoroute near Metz. I pulled on to the hard shoulder, switched off and restarted the engine and the messages disappeared. The problem has not recurred during the 1500 miles I have covered since.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
pekem, I hope you are still a blissfully happy XFerr at the end of next week !!!

My P&J goes in on Monday for new window brightwork trims, software updates and the fuel filler cover fix. On Sept 7th I experienced a DSC / Restricted Performance message while cruising at 86 mph on the A4 autoroute near Metz. I pulled on to the hard shoulder, switched off and restarted the engine and the messages disappeared. The problem has not recurred during the 1500 miles I have covered since.
Well let us hope that both our cars are out on time and all is well.
Interesting thing about the DSC is that mine was an intermittent problem which initially, I was told some nonsense about it being caused by the speed of the rotation of the gear selector knob. Second time they looked it was discovered that a connection had been compromised by corrosion which was breaking a connection from time to time. It was cleaned up and since then it has been fine but to be sure they are replacing the loom in that area. We will see :!: :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have the recall letter too. I'm not rushing tho' because nobody sits in the back, although the fuel door won't open properly so I might not wait for too long ....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Getting back to Roma's question, the seatbelt issue only took 40 minutes. Apart from dealing with the fuel flap and the boot, I also asked them to update any software that they could. There was only one, something to do with the airbags. Does anyone know of any other software updates? In doing so, they reset my Trip B information which annoyed me as I was reserving this to get data on the car since purchase,.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
MikeL said:
Getting back to Roma's question, the seatbelt issue only took 40 minutes. Apart from dealing with the fuel flap and the boot, I also asked them to update any software that they could. There was only one, something to do with the airbags. Does anyone know of any other software updates? In doing so, they reset my Trip B information which annoyed me as I was reserving this to get data on the car since purchase,.
Interesting point that. I was wondering if the information would be deleted when the battery terminals were removed. It went through my mind to switch to the B setting so that I could monitor the mileage whilst my car is in the workshop :?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts