XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few weeks the display on my satnav has started to flicker with the black areas turning blue. This is worse at the bottom of the screen but is slowly moving up. The effect is like the screen filling with blue water. Otherwise the satnav works OK. The display on all other features including the TV is fine - just the satnav. Has anyone else had this problem? My dealer had the car twice and decided that it needed a new screen. Apparently these are on back order and cost £1,000 so I'm glad its still under warranty (just). However,Jaguar want to see the car before they will approve the work. Am I the first person to get this problem?

IMG_0773.jpg

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
For the last few weeks the display on my satnav has started to flicker with the black areas turning blue. This is worse at the bottom of the screen but is slowly moving up. The effect is like the screen filling with blue water. Otherwise the satnav works OK. The display on all other features including the TV is fine - just the satnav. Has anyone else had this problem? My dealer had the car twice and decided that it needed a new screen. Apparently these are on back order and cost £1,000 so I'm glad its still under warranty (just). However,Jaguar want to see the car before they will approve the work. Am I the first person to get this problem?
Welcome to the forum emperorbruce :)
I can't recall anyone else reporting a similar malfunction. Mostly I think we would say that glitches disappear when the device is re-booted but plainly that is not the case with yours. As you say, it is good that it has occurred within the warranty period because often cover for the SatNav is not provided by the basic extended warranty from some providers.
Do please complete your profile, ask for a "Signature Box" which will do most of it for you. And then of course you might like to add a set of forum stickers so that you can take advantage of service discounts from Sturgess Jaguar and of course announce to others that you are a member here :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Another solution maybe to remove the battery terminals, leave it a minute & then connect them again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts