XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

on short trip I noticed, that the timing was exaggerated; checking the map I've learned, that the route is extended after my home address (ref. star on photo).
I checked the home address deleted it and re-entered without luck. The issue is sticky! I activate the route by touching "go home" from the main screen.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
It might be that it thinks you still have an uncompleted journey which had been added to your current request. Try the cancel journey button and try again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It may be telling you to go past your home and then come back again. It's a feature to enable you to get the most enjoyment out of your car by just driving it further than strictly necessary. If you really want the shortest route get a Garmin, TomTom, etc.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be that it thinks you still have an uncompleted journey which had been added to your current request. Try the cancel journey button and try again.
Deleted home address, shut down car, restarted after 2h and chose "go home" again - first re-defining the address. In vain!

As you see I'm driving away from home without nav. Telling me to u-turn; I didn't go all the way, but u-turn after taking the picture and surprisingly, the nav. Was as well happy to direct me in the opposite direction!
20m before arriving I canceled the trip to implement as well Bernard's tip, but failed. Would cutting off the battery for some time bring the SatNav ghost back into to bottle?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
It was the cat trying to get home taking you into "catstailstreet" (Katzenschwanzstrasse) :D.

On a more serious note though. Does your remark "deleted home address" mean that you canceled the routing or that you actually deleted the address from your favorites.

I´d say that there might be "way points" set in the routing which takes you along this round about way. Maybe these where set with the actual address so deleting the address (not canceling the routing) might be worth a try. If deleting the address actually meant you deleted it than make sure you´ve canceled all routing before entering a new address (or hitting the home button).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I get exactly the same problem. Cured it by navigating to address nearby - not ideal but it works for me

M

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made it!!!!!!
In my case nothing helped - coming home from a party (where my wife drove) I had the time to check all the options and guess what? I reseted the learning mode and cured the beast! All daemons are banned from the SatNav ;-)

In the options I had the learning option on - the delete all cured the spelling!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts