XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’ve booked my car in for the filler cap fix next week, sounds like they knew straight off what was needed for the fix.

Whilst on the phone to the dealer I enquired about the sat nav upgrade (2009 discs), to which I was told they would not make any difference. Then they offered to order them for me , and said that will be about £150 and I would have to pay as it wasn’t on warranty, I have questioned this and they said they will look into it.

Whats the deal? Has any had the discs replaced? Does it work? And is it warrantable?

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
As I understand it, the issues that people complain of in relation to the Sat Nav is all to do with the actual device firmware. A map upgrade will not overcome the niggles that you have experienced, unless of course, you have been taken down a road that is plainly the wrong one due to the map software being out of date.
I further understand from Craig that Jaguar are working with the Sat Nav maker, Denso, to resolve the issues that are well documented. Don't expect a quick solution though.
Further information on Sat Nav updates is available @
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=83

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
As I understand it, the issues that people complain of in relation to the Sat Nav is all to do with the actual device firmware. A map upgrade will not overcome the niggles that you have experienced, unless of course, you have been taken down a road that is plainly the wrong one due to the map software being out of date.
I further understand from Craig that Jaguar are working with the Sat Nav maker, Denso, to resolve the issues that are well documented. Don't expect a quick solution though.
Further information on Sat Nav updates is available @
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=83
You are spreading duff gen again Pekem. This is the latest update from Craig:
I have just had a phonecall from one of my engineering friends at Whitley and a fix for the navigation software is on the way! well thats the good news anyway. It will be bundled with 2009 discs which SHOULD althought it hasnt be decided yet be provided to all 2008 owners FOC as a warranty claim. The bad news is that a date for release of said disc has not yet been set but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel!

·
Registered
618 Posts
The 2009 disc will allegedly carry the firmware upgrade and as they dont exist yet I dont know how the hell they can order one for you. If enough of us make enough noise about the sat nav then they will have to do it as a warranty upgrade.

Was that the first time you mentioned the nav issue to your dealer. Ask them to do a thorough test of its routing algoritym and then put in a report to Jaguar about it not being fit for purpose.

Bear in mind your dealer may not be aware of the issues.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
rclifford said:
Whilst on the phone to the dealer I enquired about the sat nav upgrade (2009 discs), to which I was told they would not make any difference. Then they offered to order them for me , and said that will be about £150 and I would have to pay as it wasn’t on warranty, I have questioned this and they said they will look into it.
I suspect that this is simply no more than a misunderstanding by the dealer of your requirement whilst on the telephone. The dealer may know that the latest update 2008/2009 for the Navigation System was released last month by Navteq, although there website does not seem to be set up to accept orders. If the dealer was thinking about that upgrade then he would be right to say that it would not make a difference because he was not making the connection between the faults in the Sat Nav device and the Mapping.
I still think that you should not expect a quick solution.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Craig, the dealer is aware of it as it has been in before for a list of problem including the Sat Nav, the annoying answer to my Sat Nav issue was the erroneous routing was down to my input (How they came up with that Gem I dont know)

When I take it in for the filler cap fix I will push them to do a full test on the say nav and explain the issues of it’s erratic routing. As you say if enough of us complain then they might look into it.

Be interesting if Autocar have the same issues with their long termers, or did Jag send them a specially prepped car that:
1. Has logic Sat Nav routing
2. Has a rear screen that doesn’t look like bi-focal glasses
3. Has a filler cap that opens
4. Has a tune loaded that doesn’t bog down and gives performance somewhere close to their ‘fairy tale’ performance claims
5. has a bonnet adjusted so it doesn’t rattle
6. has the right front screen rubbers fitted
7. Has an ipod integration that works and doesn’t freeze
8. Has rotating vents that don’t ‘screech at you’

I am sure you could all add some more issues as those were just mine on my car, I am also sure Pekem will justify all of the above as acceptable and that the XF is perfect in every way !!
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts