XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm due to drive to Luxembourg this weekend and i'm looking for XF experiences of the Sat Nav when leaving the UK and entering mainland Europe.

The manual states that there is a little overlap on the maps, but how much is? Are there any gotchas when swapping the maps?

Any tips welcolmed.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm in between XF's at the moment so I have no access to the Satnav DVD's. UK and France are on disc one. Belgium and Luxembourg might be too, but if they aren't switching discs is no big deal. Just follow the Handbook instructions. It only takes a couple of minutes, as long as you haven't blocked access to the Satnav unit with luggage.
If you are driving through France via Reims there should be no need to change discs.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Living in Germany I find the mapping DVD coverage a bit of a pain, I've now resorted to keeping the disk in that has Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and France and then wing it when in the UK as 9 times out of 10, I know where I'm going in Blighty. I can't remember what disk Lux is on though. Mind you the satnav won't go blank if you don't have the correct disk in, you will still have the main roads, just no POI's or local address's.
Or....Just stop at some services and change the disk! :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Luxembourg is not on the UK disc, so it will have to be changed, Belgium Germany and France are on the same Disc.
By the Way the petrol(0.92c) and diesel (0.78c) here are very cheap so only fill up , splash and dash, in France with enough to get to Lux, then Fill up to the top Same going Back.
In the Sat Nav try enabling the border crossing option.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I change the discs when on the ferry in general but I have to say I am disappointed that it is not all on one disc or on a hard drive. Other manufacturers manage this and they have just as many if not more POI. The display is also a bit dated now with most other systems from premium makers offering a birds eye view

1 - 5 of 5 Posts