XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
After buying a second hand MY08 XF I was mortified to find rust on emerging from underneath the chrome strip in several places. I took it to my local Jaguar dear and was told it was covered under warranty, but this was about six weeks ago, I've spoken to the dealer and visited on a couple of occasions only to be told we are dealing with it. But I still have a rusty boot lid. Is this time frame normal for warranty repairs?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pekem but what I'm after is how long am I expected to wait before there is some movement on the issue? I know its a know issue but things seem to be taking a very long time with no information coming my way at all.

·
Administrator
22,533 Posts
I suggest that you write to the Dealer Principal at your supplying dealership, copying the mail to Jaguar CRC, and request that your concern is addressed urgently. Jaguar CRC are not able to engage with you on such a matter publicly in this forum.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Tyjudd my xf had the same problem some time back. From the time of reporting it to my dealer to it being fixed was around a week.....so I would say your dealer is not treating your justified complaint with the respect it deserves. This was a very common issue on the pre -facelift cars and there should be no reason to hold back on the repair .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yup , same thing happened to me, 08XF , 4 years old at the time, I was giving the car the old TLC hand wash and horrified to see rust all along the chrome strip.

Took it to the dealer, he took photos, and - four weeks later ( which I thought was a bit long ) a phone call out of the blue and asked to book it into their Jag aproved body repair shop.

It does take time to get authorisation from the brand, but 6 weeks is a bit much, see the DP as suggested... but it should be done...no ifs or buts, its a noted and recognised issue.

G7HNA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand it takes a while to get things in place but we are nearly eight weeks in and I'm still no closer to getting it done! So I'll kick Jaguar CRC in the but on Monday.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It just goes to show, not all Jaguar dealers are the same.Perhaps you should try another, good luck and hope you get satisfaction .Its not really the sort of service you expect when you buy in to a prestige brand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I realise this is an old thread but I've just bought a 2009 3.0 Diesel S Premium Luxury which is in absolutely fantastic condition, but I've just found two very very small areas of bubbling paint on the boot lid above the chrome strip.
Now obviously the car is now outside the 6 Year Corrosion warranty. Has anyone had any joy getting Jaguar to repair this free of charge (or at least a contribution) when the car is outside the corrosion warranty period?

And if not can anyone give me an idea on how much it is likely to cost?

Thanks very much in advance. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realise this is an old thread but I've just bought a 2009 3.0 Diesel S Premium Luxury which is in absolutely fantastic condition, but I've just found two very very small areas of bubbling paint on the boot lid above the chrome strip.
Now obviously the car is now outside the 6 Year Corrosion warranty. Has anyone had any joy getting Jaguar to repair this free of charge (or at least a contribution) when the car is outside the corrosion warranty period?

And if not can anyone give me an idea on how much it is likely to cost?

Thanks very much in advance. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts