XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just picked up my almost new XF 4.2 on Friday night--the dealer ship experience has been really, really good (but of course you already knew that didn't you).

The whole thing from test drive through to collection has been done very well--hats off to the guys at Minster Jaguar at Preston.

The sales team i have dealt with have given me a very good deal and the car has been prepped well etc etc.

Can't give enough praise--i think they have made me feel that the customer actually does matter and i have this as a breath of fresh air because of my long historical relationship with BMW where it has degenerated from a great experience to becoming me feeling like i was just there to be used as a way of making cash and what i wanted did not matter becasue there was a queue of other guys ready to buy the car or it will go--on this occaission i told them what was going to happen if they did not change their approach and they basicaly said that's the way it is--so that turned into me fulfilling my promise to go elsewhere for my car-their loss because it is more than just one sale it is a repeat customer lost.

I don't think they believed that i would change brands, when they rang to see what colour i got (they thought i had bought a BMW from a.n.other dealer)--i told them silver but not a BMW--the phone was quiet for a bit then they said what? you haven't bought another BMW?

Then i told what i had bought, they were quiet again but wanted to see the car--they can wait.

Service at my local BMW dealer has always been first rate but the sales strategy "sucks" in my opinion.

Anyway, my thread is about the rotating vents in the dash--one of mine does not work-has anyone else had this problem and is it something i can fix rather than bother the dealer.

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance

Reecy

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
i'd call the dealer tomoz :)

i'm expecting a callback from my salesman tomorrow, and if he doesn't call me i'll be calling him early afternoon with a short list of minor teething issues.

Jag customer service rules though :D i'm sure it'll all be sorted

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
bob said:
i'd call the dealer tomoz :)

i'm expecting a callback from my salesman tomorrow, and if he doesn't call me i'll be calling him early afternoon with a short list of minor teething issues.

Jag customer service rules though :D i'm sure it'll all be sorted
Salesman, Bob; are you wanting another XF :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with sticking vents. It can simply be dust trapped causing friction. Try using compressed air from a camera lense cleaning kit and spraying into gap between rotating vent and sides of Vent aperature. Keep opening / closing vents while spraying in compressed air from can. It worked for me.
Good Luck
Denis in Dublin

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Denis in Dublin said:
I had the same problem with sticking vents. It can simply be dust trapped causing friction. Try using compressed air from a camera lense cleaning kit and spraying into gap between rotating vent and sides of Vent aperature. Keep opening / closing vents while spraying in compressed air from can. It worked for me.
Good Luck
Denis in Dublin
Welcome to the forum Denis in Dublin, Sláinte :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Denis,

Thanks for your response i wil give it a go tomorrow--i am sure it is only a small issue

Thanks
:D

Reecy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update,

The car was in the dealer workshop for a day and the vent is now fixed

happy days

Reecy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts