XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a set of pictures that I posted on my own forum yesterday. The car was a bit dirty from the rain on Saturday and i'm hoping to give it a good wash soon and take some more pictures.

Exterior

Exterior Detail/Wheels/Accessories

Engine

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nice pics Roma!

Of course I have seen them on L4C :D

I need to take some better pictures of mine

Mind you, although I think the mudgards are essential to keep it clean I dont think I will be having them now as seeing yours, no offence, but I dont like the look of them!

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Great pics Roma - think you've set my mind at rest re the Pearl Grey - looks stunning in your photos.

I'm 50 / 50 on the mudguards - don't think they detract anything from the car but not sure they set it off either

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XF Admin said:
Great pics Roma - think you've set my mind at rest re the Pearl Grey - looks stunning in your photos.

I'm 50 / 50 on the mudguards - don't think they detract anything from the car but not sure they set it off either
I'm going to redo the photos. I used the One-step Phto Fix in Paintshop Pro and it made the photos more purple than the originals were. The originals look even better!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ If you can hang on a day or two. I'll repost the unretouched originals as I think they look better! PSP has messed up the colours on these.

·
Registered
204 Posts
what dirt, this is the cleanest dirty car in the world, i did spot 3 water mars on the exhaust trim, disgusting.
great photos, all they need is topless model and i would print them out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be giving it the first wash at the weekend.

I know the mudguards are not agreeable with everyone but i've done a fair bit of driving on muddy roads (driving past construction sites) over the last couple of days and they have done a stirling job of protecting the paintwork from mud. My previous car didn't have mudguards and it would have been caked in mud by now, all along the sills and the lower rear arches. So, a big thumbs up for the mudguards from me. They are fairly cheap and cheerful in quality but they do a great job.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've redone the pictures at the top of this thread with the unretouched versions taken straight from my camera. The ones that I had previously were retouched in Paintshop Pro and the colours were not true to life. I think these look a bit closer to real life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts