XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, Miss Impatient has finally done it...... and I am going to wait :eek: for the 3.0d !! ..and the fact that I took that extra week to make my choice has me now having to wait until mid-April at the earliest for my Chameleon (yes, my baby already has a nickname!!) :roll:
However, by waiting that extra week, and therefore having plenty of research time, I have managed to save £4000 - a week well spent me thinks :!:

So, Im one happy bunny now... sorry for such a feminine post but I'm over the moon...

:idea: Now to set up my signature with my, soon to be, car details.... :idea:
Botanical Green 3.0d PL - Parking camera - Chrome power vents.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
XF FX said:
Yep, Miss Impatient has finally done it...... and I am going to wait
There is an obvious contradiction there somewhere :lol: But great news, we can all relax a bit now and I am so pleased that you did not have your head turned by that shiny Black number; congratulations :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
This waiting really is the worst bit. I wonder when we'll get to read the first 3.0d review?

I assume cars for the motoring press etc are being built now prior to the launch date. As long as mine isn't too far behind!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, it just seems ages away... if I had ordered when first decided on XF I would have had in the second week March... now I'll be lucky to have it for May - and I sooooo wanted it for Easter ! :cry:
Oh well, at least I'll have it at some point.... unless Jag go under that is, of course! :eek:

·
Registered
281 Posts
XF FX said:
I know, it just seems ages away... if I had ordered when first decided on XF I would have had in the second week March... now I'll be lucky to have it for May - and I sooooo wanted it for Easter ! :cry:
Oh well, at least I'll have it at some point.... unless Jag go under that is, of course! :eek:
Why such a long wait? I though the lead time was no more than 8 - 10 weeks. Lets hope your dealer was being somewhat over cautious and you'll be in for a nice surprise :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, aparently, over the past couple weeks there has been a big surge of buyers of the XF - I guess that what happens when it wins its 2nd year of Exec car and I would also assume that with the recession Jag were cautious in how many they would be expected to supply.

At least the Jag dealer I am using reckons they can get an April delivery (although it is mid-late April; DrivetheDeal said they couldnt get one until May at the earliest, more like mid-May!!)
hopefully time will fly........

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hope so too. Don't like to wish my life away but these next few weeks are going to seem interminable. Just look forward to reading the reviews when they come out, both from the Journo's and fellow forum members.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) :eek: :) :eek: :) :eek: :) :D :D :D :D

.... the faces say it all ... I ordered my XF as you all know, and the only downer was that it wouldnt be ready til end April at the earliest - WELL, I had a call today from the luuuurvly man at Jag who has negotiated a delivery for 1st week in April, maybe even last week of March :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

Basically, they are going to let me have an earlier ordered, same spec, car that was going to be for their office (probably a demo); aparently they only have to amend the colour on the order for it to become my Chameleon!! The closer the date is the more impatient I become!! :lol:

Have seen 3 XF'x in the past 24hours (Winter Gold; Emerald Green; Lunar Grey) - at what point does Popular become common!!! ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Fan..blinkin..tastic news!! Really pleased for you Miss Impatient, your delivery date is the same as mine. That Easter deadline you yearned for looks a stitched on certainty now :D

Don't think the XF could ever be called common! Even if you saw 3 today bet you hadn't seen any for a day or two beforehand? I have noticed recently just how many BMW's there are on the road, now that's a brand you could definately call common!!!

Have you checked out the 3.0D members Lounge in 'My Jaguar XF'? A very useful page that hopefully will give us all enough fixes to keep us going until the day they finally arrive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, but will deffo be checking it out :)
I know they say 'boys and their toys' but hey ho! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts