XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say that on my Premium Luxury I ordered two extras

The B&W sound system is awsome, Crystal clear DAB and worth extra cost

The reversing camera on the other hand is not !

It is impossible to tell how close you are and all you can really see is the ground and the rear number plate.

Wish I had saved the money

Can't fault anything else on the car though it is a dream to drive and after 4 mercs I am a convert.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Re: Reversing Camera

I only got the camera as I was after the front sensors and it was the only way to get them.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

ady said:
Just wanted to say that on my Premium Luxury I ordered two extras

The B&W sound system is awsome, Crystal clear DAB and worth extra cost

The reversing camera on the other hand is not !

It is impossible to tell how close you are and all you can really see is the ground and the rear number plate.

Wish I had saved the money

Can't fault anything else on the car though it is a dream to drive and after 4 mercs I am a convert.
The rear view camera on my XF is brilliant. It gives wide angle coverage of a large area behind the car. Maybe the camera on your car is misaligned. I'll try and take a photo of an active screen and post it later.

·
Registered
618 Posts

I have ordered it because I wanted the front sensors. On the demo car the camera worked really well but you dont really need it as the sensors tell you how close you are.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Do you use your camera.

My XF has a rear camera parking aid fitted but I find that, when reversing, I do what I have always done - use the mirrors. I feel much more comfortable using the mirrors - it's almost as if I don't trust the camera! What are other owners' views/habits?

C

·
0 Posts
Mine works really well and rely on it in many situations instead of the mirrors. Takes a bit of practice though to understand the image, guide lines, etc.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
The reversing camera on the XF (2010+) is very good and the guide lines predict where the wheels will be. When parallel parking I can place the car exactly 2" from the curb, every time with no risk to scratch my wheels, using solely the reversing camera.

[why is it that there are no guidelines on the picture posted above? Is it not standard in the UK?]

I would not buy a car without the rear view camera - and luckily, I don't have to, as it is now being made mandatory in every car sold in the US. Cheap insurance against one of the most devastating accident type to families - when a parent backs up and runs over one of their own children. 100 Children in the US are killed every year, when they are run over when a car backs up over then. And sadly, in the vast majority of the time, it was one of their parents driving the vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts