XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow forum experts,
"Hindsight is always better than foresight" I think!, I am hoping to get DAB radio and also heated steering wheel retro installed.Is this possible? Please correct me; If I am being totally credulous and naive :oops: . Regards Shalako
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
The heated wheel definitely can be as they forgot to fit it on mine and did it a couple of week later. Not so sure about the DAB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Would be interested in the answer re the DAB. Can anyone advise?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,499 Posts
XF Long Wait said:
Would be interested in the answer re the DAB. Can anyone advise?
I don't think it possible because the DAB is integrated with the B&W system and I am sure that would never be economic to retrofit, even if possible, which I doubt very much without a lot of new panels :(
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,499 Posts
zx10ben said:
I don't think so peter, I have the DAB but not the B & W.
That is interesting. When I bought my car in 2007 I ordered it with just the DAB. However, when the car was delivered it had the B&W installed. I complained and was told that was how it came but in the circumstances I would not be charged and so in the end my entire system was free :lol:
So, XF Long Wait perhaps you should just ring your dealer :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
Yes you can get DAB without having the B+W.

At the end of the day although they wont admit it ANYTHING on the car can be retrofitted if you have the perseverance or money to do it. Every part of the car has to be available as spare parts to deal with potential damage or malfunction and therefore dealers at least should be able to buy every part required to install. However, what you will find is that most wont do this as they simply dont want to get involved.

There is a guy on another Jaguar forum that purchased a basic new shape XJR and is setting about installing every option on it and he has even got hold of things like the electric rear seats etc so it can be done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
craig said:
Yes you can get DAB without having the B+W.

At the end of the day although they wont admit it ANYTHING on the car can be retrofitted if you have the perseverance or money to do it. Every part of the car has to be available as spare parts to deal with potential damage or malfunction and therefore dealers at least should be able to buy every part required to install. However, what you will find is that most wont do this as they simply dont want to get involved.

There is a guy on another Jaguar forum that purchased a basic new shape XJR and is setting about installing every option on it and he has even got hold of things like the electric rear seats etc so it can be done.
hmmm. XFR front seats :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Craig...now you have swiched on the neverending want 'more factor' in me...XFR seats are a true mouth watering prospect... :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,538 Posts
Shalako said:
Craig...now you have swiched on the neverending want 'more factor' in me...XFR seats are a true mouth watering prospect... :idea:
at an eye watering price! :shock: :shock: :shock:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top