XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got rear sensors on mine only. Is it possible to retro fit (via the main dealer) some front sensors (and will they integrate into the display)? Any thoughts on cost?

Also, retro fitting the camera? Possible? And how much?

Cheers in advance

Stevie

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: retro fit front parking sensors and rear camera?

As far as i am aware you cant retrofit the camera and front sensors to the car.It is a factory option only.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Retrofitting a reverse camera?

Hi,
My dad was thinking of ordering a new XF in Singapore, however there is no reverse camera option for the luxury plus model that we are looking at.

Could anyone please inform me if there is a way to integrate a reverse camera into the normal screen on the dash and whether the car would need to have the software flashed in order for the camera to work.

Another query that I have is that are the screens with navigation different compared to the ones without navigation?

Thanks for your time, Ben

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Re: Retrofitting a reverse camera?

Welcome to the forum keisuke880 :)
I don't think that you will be able to retrofit the camera and as for the screen looking the same without navigation, I didn't realise that some cars are sold without it.
We do have a long term member in Singapore, he is mauler and he may have more information if you ask him via private mail. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thanks for the prompt reply Pekem. I will try to pm Mauler.

But in terms of the screen, should it be the same for all XF models? Because I vaguely remember the sales lady saying somehing about the maps not being ready and that when they are, they can be loaded for an additional fee.

If the screens are the same, then in theory many of the kits on the internet that advertise adding other auxilary inputs such as the reverse camera.

Thanks again for your time, Ben

·
Registered
204 Posts

You can specify the level of equipment you want in the car. You don't have to take the stock offering. I think Malayan Motors offers Good, Gooder, Goodest! Actually, they come in "packs". The sales staff should be able to advise more comprehensively.

Only issues are the wait and the $$$.

My car came in PL trim. The only thing it didn't have, as XFs were offered by MM back in early 2008, was the Adaptive Cruise Control. Big, fat, hairy deal!

I loved (past tense) Gabi very much when I took delivery of her. Then she got temperamental. HAHAHA!

·
Registered
60 Posts

keisuke880 said:
pekem said:
I didn't realise that some cars are sold without it.
So in the UK, do the Luxury models come with the navigation as well?

Ben
Sat Nav is a standard feature across the range in the UK.

I think the real issue is that Navteq (who provide the maps) don't do a map of Asia (see here).

·
Registered
14 Posts

Ok, thanks for enlightening me about the screen.

As for the different packs, the sales person gave us a price that was almost too good to refuse for the luxury plus, so I think my dad may be signing on tonight....... :D :D

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
XF Parking Aid Kit

Does anyone know if we can purchase the XF Parking Aid Kit to install into an existing XF Luxury ? I know it comes standard in the Premium but not in the Luxury model.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
204 Posts

keisuke880 said:
Ok, thanks for enlightening me about the screen.

As for the different packs, the sales person gave us a price that was almost too good to refuse for the luxury plus, so I think my dad may be signing on tonight....... :D :D

Thanks again for your help.
Who is the sales person dealing with your father, please?

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Re: XF Parking Aid Kit

Welcome to the forum ChengKweeChua :)
We have just answered a similar question Here for keisuke880 in Singapore and I imagine the answer for you in California USA will be the same :)

To be certain you can contact:

Jaguar USA

Or write them at:
Jaguar Cars, Attn: Customer Relationship Center
555 MacArthur Boulevard
Mahwah, NJ 07430-2327
Phone: 1-800-4-JAGUAR

·
Registered
19 Posts

Actually the earlier post was done by my son :)

Except I'm trying to more specific now.... checking if anyone knows if we can purchase the reverse parking aid from Jaguar directly rather than after market.

I spoke to two supplier early this morning who are based in the US - one said YES - they have the product, the other asked if I have the navigation kit enabled/installed as his product requires the navigation kit.

He also mentioned that the display will first show the parking sensor screen which apparently is graphics and not displayed using AV (video output), then someone has to tap the screen so that it changes to the reverse camera view (AV mode).

I'm not sure if the above is the case for anyone who owns a XF Premium Luxury which has the factory fitted Parking Aid Kit ? Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts

keisuke880's father posting ......

The sales person is Adel. I'm quite concern as the impression I am having is MM don't seems to be knowledgable about the XF - only statement I keeps getting is "unless it is factory fitted, you can't have it".

I tried checking around last two days and no third party installers seems to have touch the XF to install anything - including the reverse camera.....

Any suggestions as I love my current reverse camera but fell in love with the XF - which at the moment, seems to have an eye missing :)

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts

Well I do urge you to contact Jaguar directly because they must surely know the local position.
I know that the complete media unit has been replaced under warranty for one of our members here in the UK and I imagine that the units would be replaced under warranty outside of the UK if required. It follows that the part is available at least, whether it can be offered as a spare only Jaguar / Dealer will know.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts

We seem to have two conversations going on about the same subject by father and son about the same car at the same time.
If you don't mind I think it would be best if you were joined together in order to avoid confusion :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts

Sure apologies for the double posting....

By son loves the vehicle and would love for us to buy it now....

I have to ensure the money spent makes sense with criterias ticked off.

Many thanks for all of help from members.

·
Registered
204 Posts

ChengKweeChua said:
Actually the earlier post was done by my son :)

Except I'm trying to more specific now.... checking if anyone knows if we can purchase the reverse parking aid from Jaguar directly rather than after market.

I spoke to two supplier early this morning who are based in the US - one said YES - they have the product, the other asked if I have the navigation kit enabled/installed as his product requires the navigation kit.

He also mentioned that the display will first show the parking sensor screen which apparently is graphics and not displayed using AV (video output), then someone has to tap the screen so that it changes to the reverse camera view (AV mode).

I'm not sure if the above is the case for anyone who owns a XF Premium Luxury which has the factory fitted Parking Aid Kit ? Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Cheng Kwee,

It may be far easier if you just have it installed by Jaguar for the following reasons:

1) They know how to interface it properly;
2) No down time; and
3) Warranty is guaranteed.

I think reasons 1 and 2 are no-brainers. For reason 3, if something were to go wrong post-installation, you will be on your own facing possibly expensive repairs as MM will undoubtedly not want to touch anything they, or the factory, didn't do.

Your son mentioned you were offered a good deal on some of the options packs. It may be wise to take them up on the offer if you want those options in your car.

I have a PL with the reverse cam. It's been great and has spoiled me so much I can't reverse park in "lesser" cars, even those with audible warnings! Ha ha! Mind you, the system is not perfect. It doesn't show the entire breath of the car's rear, much less the corners and sides. Judgment is still required.

·
Registered
19 Posts

mauler, will appreciate your greater input as you would appreciate the cost of cars in Singapore (particularly with the recent hike in CEO). Is Gebie well ? I hope Gebie has stopped showing temper :D .

Do you know if anyone locally in Singapore have ordered in the Reverse Parking Aid separately - i.e. after taking ownership of the XF ?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts