XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone had this done?? or can otherwise advise how straightforward / difficult it is to replace an existing set of veneer trim for a new one without damage to anything in the process. Not me personally doing the work but by the Jaguar service dept etc...

...And also being a fussy beggar, what kind of fit and alignment can I expect? perfect no issues or is it hit and miss :shock:

Service, any Jaguar technician members on here and indeed any advice or experiences sought please...

Cheers all.

·
Administrator
22,535 Posts
Anyone had this done?? or can otherwise advise how straightforward / difficult it is to replace an existing set of veneer trim for a new one without damage to anything in the process. Not me personally doing the work but by the Jaguar service dept etc...

...And also being a fussy beggar, what kind of fit and alignment can I expect? perfect no issues or is it hit and miss :shock:

Service, any Jaguar technician members on here and indeed any advice or experiences sought please...

Cheers all.
Very best man to ask is jagworker

Drop him a PM because what he doesn't know about veneers and Jaguar's isn't worth knowing :mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The veneers are not that bad to do as i have changed the console veneers before ,and swapped over a front door veneer before.Your dealer should manage it no problem,just take their time as they can chip easily.

·
Administrator
22,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum 69kgw :)
It's good to read that you have had experience of the job, pity you are not a living 400 mile south and have Sunday free :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Pekem, you're absolutely right I will send jagworker a PM and thank you 69kgw, good to know that your experiences were positive ones.

I'd still be interested to hear from anyone else who has done this themselves or had it done by their service dept. The two trickiest to get right look like they might be the thin horizontal strip containing the new glove box opener and central buttons alongside the hazard warning triangle and the curved piece next to the driver just in front of the centre armrest...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Pekem, you're absolutely right I will send jagworker a PM and thank you 69kgw, good to know that your experiences were positive ones.

I'd still be interested to hear from anyone else who has done this themselves or had it done by their service dept. The two trickiest to get right look like they might be the thin horizontal strip containing the new glove box opener and central buttons alongside the hazard warning triangle and the curved piece next to the driver just in front of the centre armrest...
XFS, I'm surprised you can still show your face around here.:eek:

Graffiti.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol!!...in true Banksy style there must be an impersonator :D

I could never afford to share the same luxurious surroundings as someone whose main set of wheels costs £300,000!! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW I've just put the Volans back on for the summer so, if anyone wants a set of 17" Libra alloys with winter tyres then I have just the set. A couple of the wheels need a slight touch up as when I was painting the brake callipers 'Pillar box red' at the weekend I accidentally spilt a bit.....:???: :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
XFS, am I to understand that you have trashed your own veneer :?:

Hardly surprising if Gemset's accusation is true. There was me thinking the hooligan was too inept to spray an apostrophe :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts