XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had a warranty replacement on my SV8 of the rear disks, brake pads and caliper bolts. The problem had shown up as grooved / scored disks. I know that others have had similar problems and replacements but the reason for posting this today is that Jaguar have acknowledged this as a problem and will replace any similar units as long as the mileage is below 5000. Mine was actually over 5000 but since I reported the problem after only 2400 miles they changed them without cost.

:lol:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
I am sure your report will interest a number of people. However, the difficulty with this matter is the lack of any reference disc or picture. Mine has a groove on the discs and I was assured by the Service Technician that it really was of no consequence. In truth, I had forgotten all about it until today.
Are you able to describe the extent of the damage on yours and was it accompanied with any other conditions that were apparent to you. :?:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My rear brake disks were visibly grooved whilst the front ones were almost mirror smooth. I had not noticed any deteriation in braking efficiency but when looked closely, both rear disks and pads had worn down quite a bit, almost as though they had not been releasing properly or and the pads were resting too close to the surface of the disk letting grit accumulate in the gap. Or it could have been faulty pads that had extra hard spots.

I recommend you checking your and compare front to rear. My dealer said it was a known problem with a documented fix bulletin so others must have experienced the same problem.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The replacement discs on my car soon picked up a few grooves, but since then have smoothed off over the last 4000 miles.,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts