XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sportbrake retractable luggage screen looks as if it should be removable but despite pressing the lever on the right hand side of the housing I can't seem to be able to remove it. There's nothing in the manual so does anyone know how to do it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Sportbrake retractable luggage screen looks as if it should be removable but despite pressing the lever on the right hand side of the housing I can't seem to be able to remove it. There's nothing in the manual so does anyone know how to do it?

To answer my own question, the lever retracts spring loaded lugs enabling the whole assembly to lift out. Clearly I need to eat more Weetabix because the lever had to be pushed really hard to overcome the spring resistance at what I'd thought was the end of its travel!

·
Registered
6 Posts
To answer my own question, the lever retracts spring loaded lugs enabling the whole assembly to lift out. Clearly I need to eat more Weetabix because the lever had to be pushed really hard to overcome the spring resistance at what I'd thought was the end of its travel!
Do you have the Sportbrake supplement that comes with the "normal" handbook/manual? Includes a page in there on the luggage cover. Had similar moment of irritation trying to take it out (for the dog....) Folding the seats down seems to help tease it out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I also struggled but put this down to very cold weather. In end gave up but at end of journey with car interior warmed up, the cover unclipped easily. I haven't tried removing it recently, must have a go this morning

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the Sportbrake supplement that comes with the "normal" handbook/manual? Includes a page in there on the luggage cover. Had similar moment of irritation trying to take it out (for the dog....) Folding the seats down seems to help tease it out.
Ah that would be the supplement that I just found tucked inside the warranty booklet!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Press in lever and tug about half an inch on that side towards the rear of the car. it should free it's self and lift out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts