XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My, oh my! Jaguar must have employed some very good systems, real-time systems and embedded systems programmers recently. Whatever software updates that have been applied to my car in the last couple of days have magically transformed it into the car it should have been back in April!

It seems even smoother now. The brakes 'feel' better now and the steering is a fair bit lighter - more like a luxury car. It did feel slightly heavy before.

I don't have a list of the software updates but do have an assurance from the dealership that software updates were applied.

I highly recommend members to get the latest software updates under warranty as they take the Jaguar XF one notch higher in the luxury and refinement stakes.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
My first thought Roma was, whatever he is on, I will have :lol:
Seriously, I am amazed that such an update is available and providing such a dramatic improvement all round.
I would be interested to know if Service can throw some light on it so I will ask him. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also had the software updates when my XF was recently at the dealers for the recall. Made absolutely no difference. The car is still the same in all respects ie utterly brilliant!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hutton1969 said:
I also had the software updates when my XF was recently at the dealers for the recall. Made absolutely no difference. The car is still the same in all respects ie utterly brilliant!
Ditto! Pass the magic mushrooms please :D :D :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
The only software that can affect braking performance is the ABS, but this won't make any difference for sub ABS braking, i.e. can't affect the feel. If it is different then it has to be a hardware change or brake bleed.

The only steering software is the speed proportionality, the data for this is held in the instrument pack so could have been updated to make it feel lighter when driving. Parking efforts and high speed driving efforts (over 100mph) will be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts