XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a problem with the rear treadplates? Yesterday when washing the car I as usual went to clean inside the doors / above the sills when I notice the treadplate is loose on the rear passenger side. I have tried pushing it back but it won't work. On the other side there is no problem
I have only carried one passenger in the back for a short trip
I guess a clip or something has broken but again I was surprised that this should happen on a two week old quality car?

·
Registered
247 Posts
If the rear treadplates are attached in the same way as the fronts , then they just pull off. The clips are attached to the treadplate. It sounds like one of the clips is bent and not sitting correctly. Its probably a simple DIY fix, but why should you? Take it back to the dealer and get them to mend it while you wait. (Assuming they are not 100 miles away!)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the thoughts Andy
Dealer has looked at it - it is part of the wiring protection and cannot be fixed by means of a clip. They have ordered a new part and fitting will involve removal of seats / carpet according to the dealer.
Car is being fixed next week, but it certainly not a while you wait job

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm glad the dealer is sorting it for you. It sounds like a bigger job than I was expecting! Hopefully this will be the first and the last of your troubles! I must say that the service that I have received from my dealer has been very good so it should all go to plan and then you can continue to enjoy the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts