XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you out there with a rear Sun Blind. With the blind closed can you see the material/edge of the rear part of the parcel shelf, if so go and complain to your dealer. I have and have had a new shelf and blind assembly fitted, exactly the same. A complaint has been submitted through to the Engineering dept of Jaguar, apparently mine is the 1st complaint (something I do not believe).

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
t2dav said:
not sure i understand what you mean - do you have a picture?
Since Howard has had his done it would be probably better if you t2dave posted a picture of yours so that Howard could say if yours suffers in the same way as his did :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just taken delivery of a new 3.0ds portfolio - Same problem, will be interested to see what responce they give...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure an option to many, as poor quality design, finishing and qc, its a bit like having a piece of cardboard laying on the back shelf... I will try to post a picture.

But so far thats the only issue I have with an otherwise great car

·
Registered
92 Posts
pekem said:
t2dav said:
not sure i understand what you mean - do you have a picture?
Since Howard has had his done it would be probably better if you t2dave posted a picture of yours so that Howard could say if yours suffers in the same way as his did :)

Pekem - its T2Dav not Dave.

I'm presmuing when you say blind is closed you are referring to when blind is in upright position (fully extended)? Mine looks ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi t2dav, Issue arises when the blind in fully down in the park position, the shelf finishing edge behind the blind is exposed and looks awefull, still awaiting a formal response from jaguar. In the extended position it is hidden.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ok then, I'll stick my oar in here ;)

Why would you want the blind in the down position when you have paid for it to be up?

I keep my blind up all the time, for practicality and also at night it eliminates any dazzling headlights behind. It also looks really good as well in my humble opinion.

Just thoughts.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I still can't understand the reported problem with the blind but mine seems to be ok. I must admit that I didn't think I'd use it (it came with the car) but I've been quite taken with it over the last few hot sunny days. I'm impressed with its near-silent operation (I think I'd expected it to crank a bit).

·
Registered
21 Posts
The problem is that those that have the blind probably dont want it raised all the time, I certainly dont. But when its down you are left with a poor finish that you see every time you look in the mirror... Like all these things once you have seen it it just grates and detractes from an otherwsie well finished product.

I have sent the following pictures to the dealer to pass on to Jaguar for comment, I hope they dont come back with some "within tolerance... or they are liken that.... bullS***"

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I see your point 535 2XFs, it does look a very poor finish indeed, and not up to the standard you would expect for a "luxury" car. :shock:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pictures been given to Jaguar who have confirmed that the finish is not correct and are shipping a new parcel sheld/blind to be fitted by dealer. Once fitted (and hopefully corrected) I will post a picture of how they should look.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Must admit mine doesn't quite look as bad, but would be very interested in how it should look.

Also really surprised how much I use it, going to France for a two week touring holiday soon so definately will be using it then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine looks as bad as that, I just spoken to Grange Jaguar at Swindon and they have booked it in for Monday to be replaced under warrenty.
Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Guys let me know how you progress with the dealer, I am on my 2nd rear P.Shelf and it still looks the same

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anybody got a picture of how the shelf should look???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's a couple of a shots. They're a bit overexposed because of a strange yellow shiny thing in the sky! As you can see, a nice clean edge, which you should print and take to any dealer that tells you that ragged bit of exposed material is right. Pah!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for that, yep mine looks nothing like that so I will be talking to the dealer and getting it sorted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts