XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, cannot open the back door on passenger side from the outside - and no, car is not locked with key out of range.
All other doors will open except this one. It will, however, open if I put hand in through the front door and open from inside.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Sorry to read that XF FX. That I think is a first :(
With regard to your comment elsewhere about local servicing; just go right ahead and book in at your convenience. Keep in mind the disinterested, arrogant upstarts in the showroom are not the same people in the Service Department who have their own targets to meet with regard to profit etc and will welcome you as a new customer. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep think im gonna have to book her in :cry: At least my local dealers were nice, they just couldnt price match, and as you say, its the service dept I need this time....

I just cant believe I didnt notice before taking her away, although thinking about it, it actually worked on the day as I got in that side to listen to the handover info!! Soooo annoying :x

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
XF FX said:
Yep think im gonna have to book her in :cry: At least my local dealers were nice, they just couldnt price match, and as you say, its the service dept I need this time....

I just cant believe I didnt notice before taking her away, although thinking about it, it actually worked on the day as I got in that side to listen to the handover info!! Soooo annoying :x
It is entirely possible that it would respond to a hard reset; all to do with taking the battery terminal off and in effect, re-booting. Just like your Windows PC :lol:
BTW, off topic I know, but I love your Avatar :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XF FX said:
As title says, cannot open the back door on passenger side from the outside - and no, car is not locked with key out of range.
All other doors will open except this one. It will, however, open if I put hand in through the front door and open from inside.
Hang on Cleo, I suspect the child proof lock might be on. See below.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pekem said:
XF FX said:

It is entirely possible that it would respond to a hard reset; all to do with taking the battery terminal off and in effect, re-booting. Just like your Windows PC :lol:
BTW, off topic I know, but I love your Avatar :)
Thank you, will read up on it and have a play tomorrow.
Re avatar - its the first pic I took of Cham - I spent a little time rewriting the reg only to realise that its too small to read my fake plate :oops:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
penultimateblack said:
XF FX said:
Hang on Cleo, I suspect the child proof lock might be on. See below.
I for a milli-second thought that; until it clicked that the car actually opens from the inside and not from the outside - opposite to how a child lock works. and it was working on collection day but suddenly doesnt now... its like the handle just will not pull from the outside, and any excess pressure pulling it open feels like its going to break the handle off... :eek: I'm gonna have to leave to the experts I think... dont want to break anything myself, rather it was fixed on the warrantee.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I would still try exercising the child lock with the emergency key.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try anything - might just work... will give it a go when the angels are asleep :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If it doesn't work you could ask hubby to disconnect the battery negative terminal for about a minute and then reconnect. You may have to reset the window settings which is simple and in the handbook.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem - the rear offside door won't open from outside. In fact it won't open from the inside either unless I manually unlock it: it seems that the locking button above the handle is stuck. I've tried working it but no joy. Battery disconnect didn't work - perhaps a mechanical problem? Any other suggestions most welcome.

TimB

·
Registered
30 Posts
One of my rear door handles was the same shortly after picking the car up - service department said faulty handle and ordered/fitted new one within a couple of days.
Cedric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts