XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my XF for almost a month, and today I was rear ended through no fault of my own.

I was wondering if any of you have any advice about the best course of action - when I received my Jag there was a leaflet included from Accident Exchange, and after doing some research I've seen another "large" company of this type is HelpHire.

Has anyone used either of these companies, or one like it? Any words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance,
Argo.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Hi Argo, welcome to the forum :)
Maddening isn't when that happens. I am sure everyone reading your piece will feel for you and hope that the matter is resolved very quickly.
As for the Accident Exchange and their service I would firstly visit their website, link below, and see if their service is appropriate in your situation.
http://www.accidentexchange.com/

P.S. Say no to 0870 suggest that the geographical number 01675468780
is worth a try before ringing 08700116720
http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I've rung Accident Exchange this morning, and they're taking on the case.

They've told me I can select the body shop I use to do the repair work - any suggestions?

I live quite close to North One Service, run by London Group, which is a Jaguar/Landrover authorized repairer. Stratstone Mayfair and Hexagon BMW are quite close, too. A friend of mine says that Hexagon BMW's body shop is award winning - anyone used them before?

Thanks for any info,
Argo.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
craig said:
As it is only a month old then you should insist that Jaguar repair it.
Not clear why you would say that, and by Jaguar I presume you mean a Jaguar Approved Repair Centre such as North One Service or Stratstone Mayfair , either of the two would do a first class job.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
craig said:
As it is only a month old then you should insist that Jaguar repair it.
Not clear why you would say that, and by Jaguar I presume you mean a Jaguar Approved Repair Centre such as North One Service or Stratstone Mayfair , either of the two would do a first class job.
Have you had personal experience of North One Service or Stratstone Mayfair Pekem :?:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Quick update:

It's being taken to Exan Coachworks for the required work, which appears to be a new bumper + the panel that sits above it, and a new exhaust on the left.

I've heard very good things about Exan, so looking forward to seeing the results.

I'm being given a BMW 530d M Sport for the few weeks that my XF is away, haven't yet figured out how I'm going to cope... ;)

Thanks,
Argo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts