XF Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My drivers side rear door doesn't seem to lock. I have tried using the close button on the door as well as the key fob, but I'm always able to open it (with the key out of range) and set the alarm off. Any idea what might be wrong?

thanks

rusty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine too. Same door. Although mine can be locked from the inside, and I can see the inner lock button "trying" to move when I use the fob. Not sure if this is a common and easy fix, or whether or not I need to go through the hassle of putting it through the warranty I got with the car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Same problem on the missus's old (2001) S-type...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tested and exactly the same issue. When you press the lock button on the dash you can see t door trying to lock. I guess if you get yours looked at first, please let me know what was replaced/fixed

Thanks

Rusty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just tested and exactly the same issue. When you press the lock button on the dash you can see t door trying to lock. I guess if you get yours looked at first, please let me know what was replaced/fixed
Will do. I normally work from home on a Tuesday so will take the peaceful opportunity to ring up the warranty company and get the ball rolling to get it sorted.

·
Registered
443 Posts
After my car was repaired by the body shop I had the same problem with my drivers door. Turned out they had forgotten to connect the wiring back up in the door. This was after they did the same with the memory seat wiring. So it could be the wiring has been disturbed and it is an easy fix. Hopefully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my rear passenger s door will not lock on central locking and the window stoped working any one help .this is on Xf 2010

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, had the same issues you all described on my 2.2 xf prestige. Took it to my local garage to see what they could do for me. Found out that the locking mechanism had gone. Got both front doors replaced to be on the safe side and touch wood all good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts