XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had to replace the rear passenger side door lock on my 2009 premium luxury and thought I would share it with you, seemingly a common problem. I purchased the new lock from Jaguar for £108. Which seems a lot but is a major component, part number was C2Z31364 this varies depending on model and if it has keyless entry which my one has.
There is an excellent video on YouTube which takes just under 30 minutes but is very detailed and shows every step from door card removal to reassembly. A couple of points however which will help further. The window mechanism gets in the way and it shows it being released via the two screws but I went a stage further and released the window but pulling open the yellow retaining clip that holds the window, this allows the mechanism to be removed giving easy access to remove lock/ handle assembly which is large.

The only other point is that with keyless entry there is a small plug and socket which needs to be unplugged to permit removal of external handle, the one on the video does not have this feature, a bit fiddly but a small screwdriver does the trick. Be careful during assembly to plug everything back in etc. Whole job took just under 2 hours. Hope this is of assistance to anyone else that encounters this problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Collected my XF Sportbrake 2015 portfolio from Jag Dealer today, I locked it gave my wife the keys and she went into the house I tried the drivers door and it was locked I tried OS rear door and it opened and the alarm went off. I tried again and using fob to lock doors but rear door kept opening and alarm went off. I have manually locked the rear door now it is locked I guess there is a problem with rear door lock ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have experienced the left side rear door problem om my 09 xf and the wifes 06 xj. In both cases we had the latches (innards) replaced .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts